Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Compose a Card Challenge


Hi everybody,

In my previous post, I participated in my first blog hop and first PTI blog hop. I was excited and hopped some 25 to 30 blogs and wow!, there were many many awesome cards and envelopes. I have taken note of some great color combination, some nice sketches and many tips. It was great fun. And for the first time I received 50 comments. I am blown away (tears in my eyes)! Thanks to each and everyone of you who left me sweet and encouraging words as comments. They are very valuable for me and motivate me to do more. Thanks everybody, once again!

Today I have a card I made for Compose a Card Challenge at Becky Oehlers blog.She has all the measurements, ribbon, punch and colors for the card. You could use any stamps or ink and sketch you want with the measured pieces of cardstock in the recipe. There is also a photo for inspiration. I thought it is a cool challenge. Here is how her challenge looks like!



 

I love this curtain. The parsley design and color is awesome. I had a parsley stamp set but could not find it! Since I moved house, I have not yet got used to whats where! I will go through my storage again and if I find the parsely set, I will make another card. But here is what I made



I loved the sketch of the card.  I will definitely print the measurements and keep it with the card. I have a mini file folder templatewhich I am going to use to put the card and the measurement print out. I will probably show you in my next post how I am going to organise these cards. Great way to have a collection. Thanks for a great challenge, Becky!

Hugs



6 comments:

Jennifer K said...

This is a great card. I especially love the flourish behind the heart. TFS!

Barbara said...

I love it! I agree with Jennifer--that flourish behind the heart is great!

Diane Jaquay said...

Beautiful card, and great take on Becky's challenge!

2Bis2DO said...

I really like your card. Great job!

chrisw said...

beautiful G

@JoyceCasaldi said...

Great card, love the mini heart prints. Very sweet!