Sunday, January 24, 2010

Inkspiration Color Challenge #17


Hi everybody,

I was so glad to see Makeesha's Inkspiration color challenge on her blog. This is the first challenge for this year.Here are the colors for the challenge



Mmmmm!, these are colors I will use in different combinations. I like to use So Saffron, Chocolate Chip and Very Vanilla together. Similarly, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla and Cameo Coral together. It was a challenge for me to use So Saffron and Cameo Coral together with Chocolate Chip and Very Vanilla. A lot of thought went into it. But then, I took out the cardstocks and laid it on the table and I felt it was not so bad as I had thought! So this is what I came up with. I am pretty happy with it.




The flowers I made using some old music sheets I had in my stash. I punch some scalloped circles out of them, inked the edges, adhered 6 layers (for one flower) using a brad, scrunched each layer except the last one. I then opened the layers and added a button in the centre. Dawn Mcvey has a tutorial on her blog. Aren't the flowers beautiful? I love them.
Petal Pizzaz was my first stamp set I bought with the starter kit. I haven't used them in a long time. Time had come to pull the set out and I used the leaf from the set for this card. The leaves are heat embossed with clear embossing powder on chocolate chip ink. Felt a bit weird stamping chocolate chip color leaves. But it looks nice on the card.Sentiment is from Sweet Little Sentiment hostess set.
 Thanks for the color challenge. I enjoyed making this card.
Have a great weekend
Hugs


9 comments:

dyanna said...

Your blog is very interesting.I'm waiting for your new post.
Have a nice day.

Unknown said...

A lovely card and those flowers are just delish! A great card!!!

Chantelle said...

The flowers are beautiful and this is a great card - well done.

Genelle Little said...

Gorgeous, Gayatri - beautiful flowers and I love your layout!

Valerie K said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!! I love the flowers you did on this card!! Hard work pays off!! Its brilliant!

Anonymous said...

OOOOOOhhhhhhh Gayatri! I love your card. Simply stunning! I actually love the brown leaves it gives the card a Australian bush blossom feel to it! And just in time for Australia Day! Love it.
Thanks for playing!
Kirsty

Susan Joyce said...

Nice design and use of the colours.

Anonymous said...

You've done a beautiful job with making the flowers and making your card. I hesitated a bit too about the leaves in my card but in the end I coloured them with the chosen colours and I love it. I would never have done it otherwise, which is why challenges like this are so great.

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Your flowers are Beautiful. Great job with the challenge this week. Thanks so much for playing.

xx Sarah