Tuesday, May 11, 2010

FTL #89

 I finally got to make a card using FTL#89. My daughter was sick with fever and wheezing all weekend and stayed home on Monday. Poor thing she looked so helpless with all the bodyache and eyes burning.But the good thing is that she was delirious for couple of days and all of a sudden on the third or fourth day she is fit as a fiddle!  I am happy she has got better and off to school. That means I can make cards.
Here is the sketch for you.

 



And here is my take on the sketch.
 


I have used PTI's Hawaiian Shores, Melon Berry and Cream cardstock, PTI's Retro background, Teacher's Apple stamp set, PTI's Melon Berry, Pure Poppy and Ripe Avacado inkpads and SU's Basic Black and Whisper White inkpads and corner punch. 

Thanks for the sketch and can't wait for the next week's sketch.

Hugs


11 comments:

Taheerah said...

Great colour combo Gayatri, and a really fun card too!

Tee said...

What a beautiful color combo..and simply superb! Great card...

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Love it! I adore that set and still have not bought it! what's wrong with me?? LOL

Barbara said...

What a fantastic teacher card, Gayatri!! Love the color combo--I would never have thought to put those colors together but they totally work!

Jennifer K said...

Fab card! That's a great sketch and you rocked it. I especially like how you kept the longer sentiment on the outside of the card.

Amy Kolling said...

Great card!! You've inspired me to get busy on those teacher gifts!! Have a great day!

Diane Jaquay said...

Love the red, great card!

Banu said...

OMG!!! This turned out just superb. I might have to CASE this Gayatri...Really beautiful.

Gayatri said...

Banu, you are welcome to CASE this card of mine. If you are posting on your blog can you please link your post to mine and let me know too? I would like to see your card!
Gayatri

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Perfect!!!!

Sue Plote said...

Way cute!