Sunday, May 23, 2010

OLW- Embellishments

It feels like I have not blogged for a few days but its only been a couple of days. Anyway, I managed to make a card for One Layer Wednesday challenge by Susan Raihala. This week is to use embellishment stamps on the card, like ribbon stamp, button stamp, stitching stamp....... I have used stitching stamp and a flourish stamp for my card. Here is the card.


I sponged the edges for a vintage look. Stamps are from PTI (Big and Bold Wishes and Fancy Flourishes) and I don't remember which company the stitch like stamp came from. I have had them for ages now. Infact, its lost its sticky surface and would not stick on the acrylic block.Any ideas how to get the sticky surface back on acrylic stamps? Please let me know, I have a few unused stamps which don't stick to the block!
Anyway, I like how the card turned out to be. Thanks for another awesome challenge, Susan.
Have a great Sunday!
Hugs

10 comments:

Diane Jaquay said...

Great job with the challenge, I'm kind of stumped on this one myself ;)

Diane Jaquay said...

To get the sticky back on your stamps simply wash them with a soapy mix of dish detergent and water, rinse thoroughly, and let air dry. That should do the trick :)

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

I like the sponged look, very cool.

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Lovely card! I like the sponging around the edges as it gives the card depth. And do as Diane writes regarding your stamps. Make sure your acrylic block is clean too.

Laurie said...

OH wow!! This is so pretty! I love the color around the edges! What a gorgeous card!

BethieJ said...

Gayatri this is FABULOUS! I LOVE everything about it! Great job on the challenge!

Jen Carter said...

This is so pretty! Really great work!

Susan Raihala said...

Oh, wow! The swirl with the stitches is PERFECT! Love the distressed feel here and the layout is so nicely balanced. Thanks for taking up the challenge!

Banu said...

ooh lala...Loved this card. Very nice.

Barbara said...

GASP! This is stunning, Gayatri!