Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Thank you....

Hi everybody,

I wanted to share a thank you card I made for my real estate agent from whoom we bought a piece of land to build our house. She is also my DD Aditi's class teacher's sister. So we came to know her well. She is also our current neighbour :) This card is inspired by Carly Robertson's card here and I have used Melissa Phillip's photo challenge. Here is Leslie's photo for you.
  
Here is my card.
And a close up of the flower which I colored using copic markers.


I have used PTI's clear cardstock, Raspberry Fizz cardstock. SU's Sweet Slumber Speciality DSP, PTI's In Bloom and Big & Bold Wishes stamp sets, PTI's Sweet Blush copic marker trios, PTI's Vintage Spring mix button, Sweet Blush ribbon, Prima leaves, SU's Dazzling Diamonds and Kaisercraft's Pink Rhinestones.

I have discovered a website which plays old Indian flim songs. In India, flims/movies are a big thing and they are very dramatic in all ways. Generally each flim/movie will have atleast 5 songs. Some of them are nice songs. Since settling in Australia, I have not been regularly able to see any flims/movies or hear songs. I suddenly remembered my college days and wanted to hear some of the old songs. I am so glad I found the website. The songs are currently playing on the background ( big grin on my face :) ). Talking about songs, Eurovision is this weekend. I can't wait. We as a family enjoyed last year's Eurovision. I still have the first two songs on my iPod and we sing them all the time. No appointment for Friday evening :).
Anyway,I am in the process of making a home decor as well. I will share it when I complete. Better get going then.Have a great evening!
Hugs

15 comments:

Sue Ann said...

Very pretty!!! Your flowers look fantastic!!!

Laurie said...

Wow!! That flower is beautiful! I love all the details you put in to your card! So pretty!

Debbie Gaydos said...

Beautiful! Wonderful job coloring the flowers, they look amazing!

Diane Jaquay said...

WOW, amazing! The flowers are just gorgeous! I need to get some clear cardstock one of these days and give a clear card a try :)

sillyleann said...

Look at those Blooms!!! I love what you did with them. This is so beautiful!

Ted said...

Wow, Gayatri...those flowers just POP off that card. Lovely job! :)

Elizabeth S. said...

So pretty!! Love your flowers!

Tee said...

This is a fantastic card...I've been afraid to try on a acetate card..could you show me how?

Btw I love hindi songs too..which ones are playing?

Barbara said...

Gorgeous, Gayatri!!! I love that bouquet of flowers and those glittered edges really pop!

Lori said...

Absolutely beautiful!! Love love love coloring this flower!! :)

Rhonda said...

Love all the different patterns. Great coloring.

Jill said...

You combined colors and patterns so well on this card, Gayatri! I love the touch the glitter gives, and those prima leaves are great! Well done!

Unknown said...

Such a pretty card, the flower lookin awesome..well done!

Jackie Pedro said...

Totally gorgeous!!!

Jen Carter said...

This is beautiful!! So much detail!