Sunday, May 9, 2010

Just Add Ink #16


Hey everybody,
Its a nice Sunday sunny afternoon. Fantastic relaxing day for me. How is Suunday treating you all? I managed to make a card for Just Add Ink Color challenge #16. Here are the colors for you

And here is my take on the challenge.


Its a birthday card! Haha! I stamped the stamps from Kindered Spirit and Flight of a Butterfly using Versamark on White cardstock and sponged Ruby Red chalk on the image and So Saffron on the little flowers. I have then covered the panel with vellum and used pink rhinestone on top of the vellum for each flower and butterfly. This gives a nice frosted soft subtle look. I have used Taffeta Pretty In Pink ribbon for the bow and So saffron color button on the bow. I then mounted the panel on Soft Sude cardstock and used tag die for the sentiment. 

Its not my type of card but l so like this card for its soft subtle look. And so does the fly. Can you see him on the left side of the card? I did not see him when taking the photo but only when editing it. I think he is cute! lol!

Thanks for a lovely color challenge. Have agreat weekend.
And thanks for stopping by!

Hugs

12 comments:

Paula Fuller said...

Love all your soft colours. This is lovely.

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Oh! Wow. That stamp from Kindred Spirits never looked so ... good! Love the vellum layer. Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink.

Diane Jaquay said...

Very pretty! Love your use of vellum here!

Keva said...

Oh that is beautiful! I love the vellum layer..just gorgeous! Great stamp set, also!

Barbara said...

What a cool way to use vellum, Gayatri! Love the color combo.

Christine Blain said...

I like this a lot, Gayatri. The fly is a nice little touch, ha ha. Love the chalked panel, with vellum overlay, and I like your choice of stamp sets.

Danielle Daws said...

Oooh, so very, very pretty! I had to giggle about the fly... I didn't notice at first! It's a good thing your card steals the focus! :-)

Unknown said...

This color combo is so beautiful and you really brought it to life! Love the vellum layer

sillyleann said...

Super cute and totally creative!!

Jennifer K said...

This is beautiful! Even though it's not your style you carried it out wonderfully. I especially like how soft and ethereal it is. Great job!

Tee said...

Beautiful...that's all I can say!! simply stunning!

Tejal

Thanks for the love you left at my blog! appreciate it.

Sue Madex said...

Love the vellum overlay - what a gorgeous effect.