Tuesday, December 13, 2011

CFC #31 - In the Mist


Hi everybody,
How is all the Christmas preparations going? All busy I guess! Me too :)
I have a card share today. I made this card using CAS-ual Friday challenge #31- In the mist. 



Here is my take on the challenge.


What I did was to use Glimmer mist Green meadow for the background and the Glimmer Mist Pomegranate for the flowers. With the flowers I first sprayed the cardstock with pomegranate, let it dry, then diecut PTI's In Bloom flowers and finally stamped on it.Both the background and the flowers look shimmery. Here is a closeup of the flowers and the background.


How do you show the shimmer on a photo? I tried my best to take photos at an angle. The flash keeps coming on and colour washing the photos :( This is the best I could get on a raining day, Sorry!



 Hope you like my card. I loove it especially the contrast colours and the shimmer. Thanks for the challenge. If you like to play along then here is the link to the challenge.

I would like to thank the CAS-ual Friday team for picking this card of mine as last week's one of the V.I.P.s. I am honoured and excited. Thanks for the badge as well. :)

Thanks for stopping by! See ya soon :)

Luv!


Pin It

7 comments:

Kara said...

Ooooo, pretty!! Love the shimmer! I can't wait to see your color changing nail polish. Post pics:)

carol (krillsister) said...

Beautiful card. Love the glimmer mist on those flowers. Those pearls are darling too!

BethieJ said...

Gayatri this is BEAUTIFUL! I LOVE that flower!!!
Happy Holidays!!

Mynn xx said...

The colors are AMAZING, the glimmer shimmer mist is fabulous--this is a perfect card! :) LOVE it!

Joyce said...

This card is so beautiful. In Bloom is one of my favorite sets. I bought some mist, but have never used it. I should get it out and play with the challenge. Congrats on your winning this challenge last week. And, I saw last night that you also won CR84FN. You are so hot, you are smokin'.

Laura Davis said...

Simply stunning!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura

Dana said...

I can't believe you did the BG too Gayatri! I love that green color with the pomegranate! What a great entry for this week's CAS-UAL Friday challenge!