Friday, December 16, 2011

ColourQ #115


Hey everybody, School Holidays has started and we are planning holiday activities and getting organised. A lot of movies, drives, swimming, library and household sorting and cleaning on the chart. Oh, I did not forget crafting. And crafting always comes first, rest later.lol!
So I did make couple of cards using ColourQ challenge #115.


Love the bright colours in the challenge. But I did struggle a bit using them, to be honest!  Then I received my order from Simon Says store. When new goodies come, I get all thrilled and movtivated looking at them. So I opened the Sizzix/Hero Arts stamp and die set and made this card below.
  

 Love the stamp set and die from Hero Arts/Sizzix because I can stamp first and then diecut the stamped images. So easy and so much better than lining up the stamp on the tiny diecuts to stamp.Isn't the butterfly image beautiful? Love it.

Next card, I made using my old Rose is a Rose stamp set from SU. I love this set because of its two step stamping. That means the rose can be made using so many diffeent colour combinations. I have a few dearly loved SU stamp sets and this set is one of them.


I created an entire pattern paper using these stamps and it looked gorgeous. The sentiment stamp set and impression plate used on the red panel is from papertrey Ink. So is the cardstocks except the Green Galore strip. The pearls are from Kaisercraft. 
Love both the cards for its vibrant colours. Hope you do too. If you like to play along then, here is the link to the challenge. I would like to thank the Colour Q team for choosing this card of mine as one of the courtiers. I am honoured.

Thanks for stopping by! Happy Holidays.

See you soon!

Luv!
Pin It

12 comments:

Kerry Steger said...

Gayatri, I love both the cards with this colour combo. I especially like the second card using the rose for a repeated background!!

Jen Adcock said...

I love these cards!!! I am completely enamoured with the second in particular. I actually have that SU! Set too...somewhere. I will be digging it it out now for sure. The colors are so perky and pretty. Out of this world extraordinary!

carol (krillsister) said...

Love the cards. You did a great job with the color challenge. The 2ng card is especially pretty with the background.

Ro said...

The background you stamped is beautiful! I also love how bold the colors you used are =)

Joyce said...

These cards are both so bold and beautiful. I love them both. And, congrats on last week's card.

Sylvia said...

Lovely cards, Gayatri! Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week and happy holidays.

Deb said...

Love both of these cards, especially the impression plate on the first.

Patrice said...

Love the patterned paper you chose!

LeAnne said...

Ah, this is lovely, Gayatri! I think these colors are perfect for your floral images!!!

LeAnne said...

Ah, this is lovely, Gayatri! I think these colors are perfect for your floral images!!!

Kara said...

beautiful!!! totally looks like patterned paper!!

Suzanne Bier said...

Both of your cards are fabulous! Thanks for playing along with us at the colourQ this week!