Wednesday, June 11, 2014

A purple birthday card...


Hello dear craft friends, 

Sharing with you a very birthday card I have made as Guest Designer for i {heart} papers.


Here is the card.


Happy Birthday!

For the background on the card, I sponged some distress inks and spattered some water. Any dye inks will do this trick for you as dye inks do react with water.  I also did the same another piece of cardstock. On this cardstock, I white heat embossed the feathers from Dream stamp set from Lawn Fawn and the banner from Bannerific stamp set also from Lawn Fawn. I die cut the feather using the coordinating Dream dies. And hand cut the banner. I stamped the sentiment from Happy Everything stamp set from Lawn Fawn. On the feather I added some black dots using a black fineliner. I trimmed the sponged cardstock, adhere to the card front. Then mounted the banner using foam adhesives and glued the feather down at its bottom so the top of the feather is raised. Finally accented with white enamel dots from My Mind's Eye Charmed collection.
I love the magical and monochromatic colours. Hope you like my card.
You can find all the products I have used at i {heart} papers shop.

Thanks for stopping by!

My blog signature

5 comments:

i {heart} papers said...

Oh love the sponging!

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty Gayatri. Love the colors and those feathers...

Mary-Anne V said...

wow just love the soft look you created...so pretty!

Lea Lawson said...

This looks amazing...love those colors! What did you use to splatter the water on to the background?

Heather North said...

Beautiful colors on your pretty card.