Friday, June 13, 2014

You are pretty amazing!


I am in the process of making some birthday card for an order that came earlier this week. I have been doing assorted cards. I have been picking up themes, sketches and colours from various challenges to make them. This one is from Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Stencil it.  

You are pretty amazing card

I have used Memory Box Butterfly Flutter stencil for my background. I have sponged some distress inks adding some tone on tone shading to the butterflies and dots. I trimmed the panel down and adhered to a scrap pink cardstock such that the pink card stock peeks on the top and bottom only. I then mounted this panel to the card front using foam adhesives. For the sentiment, I have white heat embossed the sentiment from MFT on black cardstock. Then layered it on bunched up thread before adhering to the stenciled panel using foam adhesives. Simple and easy to make but the shade sponging distress inks makes an impact.

I plan to share all my birthday cards on my blog. So you will be in for some card shares everyday this weekend and next week :) Hopefully I am overwhelming you.

Thanks for stopping by!

My blog signature

2 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

LOVE the stark black against the pretty colors! Looks fabulous. Great photo too [out of focus bg]

Emily Leiphart said...

Gorgeous card, Gayatri! The multi-directional butterflies create so much movement. Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Stencil It!