Monday, June 16, 2014

Colourful balloon birthday card..

Hey everybody,

I played along Jackie's new challenge search for Guest Designer at The Cutting Edge Challenge Blog.


I am inspired by the balloon card. Love the colourful balloons on the second middle card. So here is my card inspired by the balloon card.

Happy Birthday to you card

I sponged a white cardstock with various colour distress inks. I used the smallest balloon die from the Balloon die set by Simon Says Stamps to die cut the balloons. I then sponged a bit more colours to add shading to the balloons. For the background I used Linen background stamp by MFT and Gray Flannel Memento Luxe Ink. I then added the black twine to the balloons and assembled them as a bunch using foam adhesives. I tied twine and glued it to the card panel. I stamped the birthday sentiment on to the banner and adhered. Finally accented with the gorgeous and beautiful sparkly clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.

I am looking forward to tomorrow. I am meeting a online craft friend from New Zealand. Excited. Cannot wait to see her. 

Thanks for stopping by!

My blog signature

12 comments:

Joan B said...

love this!

Jackie Rockwell said...

Oh my, I'm loving this card Gayatri! The balloons just pop off of that subtle background stamp. The way you sprinkled clear sequins is also a subtle touch that lets the balloons really be the focus. So HAPPY you submitted your card into The Cutting Edge Guest Designer challenge!

Kristie Goulet said...

LOVE these colorful balloons!

Vicki Dutcher said...

So fun - great pops of color against the neutral bg

Jean said...

This is gorgeous! Your balloon color choices are fabulous. So glad you played along at The Cutting Edge!

Nancy said...

Amazing card!!!!

melania deasy said...

Gayatri, love your card!!! The colors make me happy and like always love your design too. Thank you for playing along at The Cutting Edge Challenge :)

Amy Kolling said...

I can't get over that this card is sheer perfection! The intense colors of those balloons is incredible Gayatri! Thanks so much for playing along with The Cutting Edge Challenge!

maria f. said...

Fabulous coloring/shading effect on those balloons.

Lisa A. said...

LOVE, Gayatri!! Your balloons are wonderfully colored and that linen background...sweet(going to have to have that:)!!)!! Thanks for joining the contest at The Cutting Edge:)!!

Manuela said...

looks super, love the balloons

Darnell said...

Such an awesome and fun card, Gayatri! Congratulations on winning the co-GD spot at The Cutting Edge!! Hugs, Darnell