Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Second month guest designing for i {heart} papers


Hey everybody,

This is the second month I am guest designing for i {heart} papers


Today I have a birthday card for you.

Happy Birthday card 2

I have trimmed the golden striped pattern paper from My Mind's Eye Charmed collection 6 x 6 pattern paper pad to the size of the card front and adhered on to the card front. I then die cut the large Polaroid frame from the Polaroid dies from My Favorite Things using black card stock. For the background, I simply painted some Evergreen Bough distress ink on some scrap cardstock and when dry adhered it to the back of the polaroid frame. I then die cut the large oval balloon from the Party Balloon Die also from My Favorite Things. I heat embossed some gold Zing embossing powder on the balloon randomly, tied the black and white baker's twine to it and adhered using foam adhesive. The sentiment is from Celebrate Big stamp set also from My Favorite Things. I have mounted this using foam adhesive as well. I finally embellished with sequins from Lawn Fawn Hello Sunshine mix.
It is a simple card but the gold, black and mint colour combination creates a big impact. You can find all the products I have used on my project from i {heart} papers shop.

Polaroids die  Record It! Charmed 6x6 pad  Party Balloons die

Bakers Twine - Cotton Mini Spools  Celebrate Big  Lawn Ornaments Hello Sunshine Mixed Sequins


Hope I have inspired you to make a birthday card. Thanks so much for stopping by!

My blog signature

5 comments:

Dawn T said...

very pretty. Love the striped PP and the gold glittery balloon.

Handmade Cards by Archana said...

Such a sweet birthday card!! loved those glittery balloon and the patterned paper.

~amy~ said...

gorgeous!

Cris G. said...

Really awesome card. Love your gold and black balloon and the pops of color.

i {heart} papers said...

This is lovely! I love the sequins and the gold/black combo.