Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Dream Big!


Hello everybody,

Washi Tape is trendy now. I have 4 of them and love to have more. Looks like I will be collecting Washi Tape lol! Here is a card I made for PC submission but did not make it. The notched flower and leaves on this card is made using Washi Tape.


Supplies:
Cardstock: White cardstock from Wplus9 and Sand Sahara from SU
Stamp set: Big Greetings from MFT, Background Builder: Knit from Wplus9
Inks: Archival Jet Black Ink
Accessories: Washi tape from Typo shop, Button brad from Basic Grey, Mat Stack die from PTI, Label Layers 4 die and Chevron Impression Plate from Wplus9, Circle dies from Craft Concepts. Leaves die from MFT.

I adhered the Washi tape to a scrap piece of white cardstock, then die cut different size circles, use scissors to cut out "V" shape on each circle randomly and then layer the circles using foam square. Finally finish off with a beautiful brad at the center. Similarly, adhere the green washi tape on scrap cardstock and diecut leaves. Aren't they cute? I love it. You could diecut different flowers using similar method. 

Did you see Julie Ebersole's video on how to make washi tape using tissue paper?  I have to try it. Just that, I don't have a wider scortape on me. Which means shopping time :)

Thanks for all your wishes for my son. We are still to hear from the surgeon about the date of his surgery. Hoping to hear today or tomorrow.  One of you had asked how far away is Perth from where I live. It is about 630 kms. So we either drive for 6 hours or fly depending on finance and time available.

Also thanks for all your wishes on my post yesterday. I am very humbled to received so many wishes:)

Got to go now. Some house chores to be done. Have a great day!

Ta!
Pin It

7 comments:

Crafterkhush said...

Gayatri this is awesome... I just ordered my first batch of washi tapes... thanks for the amazing inspiration...

Beverley said...

Love this card the flower is gorgeous. I actually don't have any Washi tape but that might have to change! I love the LO of your card so might have to CASE it! Lol!

Lynn said...

Oh wow..what you created with the washi tape is gorgeous. Love the sweet little crown too!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Wow what a fun way to use your tape! They must not have known what they were missing! On a personal note, I don't know anything about your sons surgery, but I will send warm thoughts to him and your family for safe travels, safe and speedy recovery!
Lisa

Christina said...

I can't believe this didn't get picked up--I love the bright colors on white and that adorable flower!

June K said...

What great use of washi tape. Such a pretty flower. I hope all goes well for your son, Gayatri.

Unknown said...

Love those washi flowers!!!