Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Sending love your way....


Hello!
A quick share today, as I am down with a bad cold. Breathing through my mouth.I sound like Darthvaider. I cannot stop laughing when I hear myself lol! Both my kids have NAPLAN (National Assessment Program-Literacy and Numeracy) from today till Thursday. Apparently yesterday  the teacher asked the students to relax and not get stressed. So my son put on his PJs and listened to music  the entire evening while my daughter read books. How cool is that? I used to study until the last minute and get tensed lol! I was till I dropped them at school this morning. My kids take things easy. No stress unlike the mother :)

Ok here is a card I made for two challenges.
The first is Embellish's The Bicycle Trends Challenge and for the Moxie Fab World's The Postage Challenge.

Supplies:
Cardstock: White cardstock from Wplus9
Stamp set: You've got Mail from Lawn Fawn, Postmarks from PTI and Bicycle stamp and die set from Hero Arts/Sizzix.
Inks: Tangerine Tango, Tempting Torquoise, Perfect Plum, Kiwi Kiss and Going Gray from SU. Archival Jet Black Ink.
Accessories: Bicycle stamp snd die set from Hero Arts/Sizzix
 
I wanted to do something funky with the postage stamps.Not the usual vintage postcard.
 My postcard is a snail mail. Comes by bicycle lol!
 I have used the colour from Embellish Challenge. 
Here is the challenge colours for you.


Thanks so much for stopping by! Time for school run.

See you soon.
Ta!

Pin It

19 comments:

Dawn T said...

wow Gayatri. Great card.

Lynn said...

I hope you feel better soon and good luck to your little ones on their testing. Absolutely fabulous card.

Arlene said...

Brilliant card! Best of luck to the little ones on their testing. :)

Michelle said...

Very cute card, Gayatri! I really love it!

Your kids have the right idea, taking a relaxed approach to NAPLAN is better for everyone. :-) My daughter is on an in-between year this year, so she REALLY gets to relax, no test! She told me this morning that she didn't stress about NAPLAN last year, but that she didn't like the boring long days of doing tests, LOL!

lostinpaper said...

Super fun take on the challenge! LOVE all that white space, it totally makes the images pop!

Marlena M. said...

Terrific card Gayatri! Hope you're better soon.

Christina said...

I just love everything you do, Gayatri, and this is no exception! Such a fun theme and perfect use of the colors. Hope you're feeling better soon!

Isha Gupta said...

Get well soon Gayatri. Lovely card. TFS

Jenny said...

Great combination of elements for the challenges :0)
Hope you feel better soon.
Jenny x

Virginia L. said...

Awesome design, Gayatri!! Congrats on the Hero Arts Tweet!

Nona said...

Such a fun CAS design, Gayatri! Hope you feel better soon :)

Cristina said...

Perfect in every way. Absolutely love it.

JJ Bolton said...

Lovely card Gayatri! I especially love the way you've mixed different stamp sets!

MusicGeeks said...

I love the combination of the bicycle and postage -- two of my favorite design images.

Teresa Zuehls said...

Congrats on your Moxie Fab win on your fun card! Great job.

Nina Yang said...

Love how you combined the challenges Gayatri! The colors are so beautiful!

Lola G. said...

Congratulations on having this beautiful card chosen for the Moxie Fab challenge!

Unknown said...

Its as awesome as ever!! Congrats on getting featured for this card on MoxieFab!

Jackie Rockwell said...

Congrats on your Moxie Fab win! Your card is SUPER sweet!