Monday, May 7, 2012

The Spectacular Spectacle Challenge


Morning everybody,

Yay! Monday! I love Monday because kids are off to school and hubby to work and I have the house all to myself. Although I don't have the house to myself  at the moment. My in-laws are staying with me. But atleast there is a routine. I have since vaccumed, mopped the house, washed the clothes and prepared for lunch. So time to browse, check emails and write up this post.

Again I made this card couple of days ago. When I saw Moxie Fab World's The Spectacular Spectacle Challenge, I immediately pulled out Lawn Fawn's Clear To See stamp set. But was stumped! What to do? Because I did a mini blog hop with my friend Joyce using this set. Here are the cards I made earlier.

Anyway, after seeing the current PDCC colours, the idea bulb lit up in my head. Have you seen sunglasses with blue and pink shades? I have! Very funky and retro.I also wanted to use the PDCC colours other than for a flower or an elegant card.

And, I read Cath's article on PC blog about focus on trendy spectacle. I loved the card by Chunyaun with the repetitive pattern of the spectacle. So inspired by all of these, I made my card.



Supplies:
Cardstock: White cardstock by Wplus9, Pretty in Pink and Basic Grey from SU
Stamp set: Clear To See by Lawn Fawn and Folk Art by Wplus9
Inks: Momento Black Ink
Accessories: Button from PTI, Copics pink and blue colours.

I love the repetitive retro spectacle background. Just so cool. I also interpreted the pink and blue shades as two friends. Hence the sentiment. Hope you like it. I love it :) One of my favourites.

Here is the PDCC challenge colours for you



Thanks for all your get well wishes on my neck sprain. About 75% better than yesterday. Thats why I was able to do a lot of work today. Hopefully by tomorrow, I will be well 100% :)

Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great day!

Ta!

Pin It

15 comments:

Joyce said...

What a wonderful card. When it popped up in my reader, I immediately thought of our fun mini blog hop where we used this set. How did you get the lenses colored? Did you color them all in? This card is so cool. Love it! You are reminding me that I need to get this set back out.

Sanketi said...

Hey Gayatri, thanks for stopping by my blog and pinning my card..!

kasia c. said...

This is AWESOME!! I love how you coloured in the lenses!! :)

Dawn T said...

gorgeous Gayatri. What a clever idea. Love the soft pink and blue lens.

June K said...

What a great idea. Love the sunglasses.
Glad to hear you neck is doing much better but don't work too hard yet.

jintyoo7 said...

Brilliant idea - I can definitely "see what you were thinking" - sorry couldn't resist saying that. Very hip card, Gayatri :)

Chunyuan said...

love how you colored the lenses.

Kara Lynne said...

I love it! Excellent job pulling it all together. I love Mondays too for the same reason.

Ruby said...

Love the repetitive background and the way you've done the pink and blue, so fun! Thanks so much for joining in the fun with us over at The Play Date Cafe this week!

Jinny Newlin said...

Ooo! That Wplus9 sentiment is absolutely fantastic with your glasses background! LOVE! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Donna B. said...

Love all the colorful glasses - such a fun card!!! Thanks for joining us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Jenny said...

I just love this...those tinted shades are awesome :0)
Jenny x

Larissa Heskett said...

Such a FUN challenge!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!! =)

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Gayatri! Thanks for linking this up to the Spectacular Spectacles challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Lea L. said...

Such a cute card...and you've combined two of my faves together!! (LF & W+) Great job with the Moxie Fab Spectacular Spectacles challenge!!