Saturday, May 19, 2012

Inspired By Pinterest


Cool! Welcome Saturday! Gorgeous day today. Woke up very early. In-laws left this morning to Perth. Fight out of the country tomorrow morning:) House is slient and a lot of cleaning done this morning :)
So here I am with a cuppa of coffee and writing this post :) Last two days were busy so I couldn't not post my Inspired by Pinterest on Thursday. Here it is.


I love love the colours on the picture above and the hanging lamps are so beautiful. Then the stars on the wall is awesome. So those are my inspirations. For the colours, I wanted a bit more than the grey and green. I chose, ColourQ #137 colours to make my card.


Here is my take on the picture and the colour challenge.

Supplies:
Cardstock: Basic Grey cardstock from SU and White cardstock from Wplus9
Stamp sets: Lighten Up and Out of limb additions from PTI
Inks: Orchid Opulence, Tempting Turquoise and Kiwi Kiss from SU and Momento Black Ink and Colourbox Frost White ink
Accessories: White embossing powder, heat gun, grey twine from twinery and Corner Chomper.

Love the colours agains the grey. Looks like Grey is my new white lol! Need to more grey cardstock though!

I am working on some gorgeous stuff for a big announcement on Monday. Very excited. Cannot wait to share. So make sure you visit :)

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great weekend!

Ta!
Pin It

13 comments:

Dawn T said...

Very pretty Gayatri. You made an awesome card based on your Pinterest photo.

Virginia L. said...

Utterly creative, Gayatri! Love the hanging lights! I am happy that you successfully fulfilled your duty hosting your in-laws in the last few months. That calls for a celebration!Stamp some more :)

Michelle said...

Gayatri, you amaze me! This is a great combination of the Pinterest photo and the ColourQ colours. Great card!

Lynn said...

Can't wait to hear your news on Monday. Your card is gorgeous! Love the inspiration photo.

June K said...

Such a cute and clever card. I'll be back Monday for your news :) Have a good weekend.

Colleen Wold said...

LOVE this! I have slowly started reaching for grey a bit more as well! Thanks for such great inspiration!

Unknown said...

I love the colours against the grey too! Super sweet card. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

Jenny said...

Love the photo and how you've translated to a card :0)
Way to go using the colourQ palette.... perfect balance.
Jenny x

Mandy LaCroix said...

This is so cute. You did a great job!! It really caught my eye as I scrolled down the page. I love it!

lostinpaper said...

Isn't it hard to get a 'good grey'? I've so many grey ink pads and have just ordered the Versafine Smokey Grey.... fingers crossed! Awesome card BTW... as always!

Sylvia said...

Cute card, Gayatri, I too love the inspiration lights from Pinterest, good interpretation! Fabulous card! Thanks for sharing your card with us this week at the ColourQ!

Jen Mitchell said...

What a great take on the inspiration photo and I love how you used the colors! Thanks for joining us at colourQ!

cards by cara said...

Good to know SU has a good mid tone gray colour ... Love this lamp shade card!!