Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Sending Best Wishes


Afternoon everybody,

I am very cranky today. It started of my with soon to be a teenager son refusing get up from his bed in the morning. And when he finally did, moves so slowly around the house and taking his own sweet time to get ready to school. Very frustrating:( You know,  I feel like attaching a propeller rather an accelerator with a remote to his backside to help him move a bit faster. Arrr!  In a year's time, I will have not one but two teens at home - one boy and one girl. Life is heading to a very interesting phase I guess :)

Anyway, I was also sick of cooking, cleaning and washing that I dropped everything today and decided I make a card to help me relax. I browsed through and found Retro Sketches #10 and Runaway Inspired Challenge #11. I decided play both. 
Here is the sketch and inspirational picture.
 



And here is what I came up with.


Supplies: 
Cardstock: White cardstock from Wplus9, Chocolate Chip from Su and Baby Pink card base and matching envelope from local store.
Stamp set: Decorative Doilies and Fotiments Birthday from Uniko Studio
INks: Soft Suede, Pretty in Pink from SU and Bubblegum from Amuse Inks, Archival Jet Black Ink
Accessories: Pink Bakers twine, Pink Rhinestones from Kaisercraft

I love the modern looking doilie stamp set from Uniko Studio. The package arrived yesterday and beautiful stamp sets. Love love them.
I modified the sketch a little and also stamped on the envelope to coordinate the card. 

OK, time for lunch and hopefully I will have a bit more time to play before I pick the kids from school. Time flies like crazy. It is scary! Life is busy at the moment. So many things to do. I am hoping for everything to settle after two weeks. Fingers crossed.
 Thanks so much for visiting and also listening to my frustrations today.
 See you soon and until then..

Ta!


Pin It

14 comments:

Dawn T said...

great card Gayatri. The doily stamps are very spectacular. You have used them to perfection

Elena said...

gorgeous card, Gayatri... and a big HA! for the rest of your chatter... I already feel like my 5 year old works in slow-motion... you mean it gets worse as they get older? I'll be making a LOT of cards for relaxation purposes :)

Lynn said...

Gayatri, Love how you layered all those fabulous doilies...fabulous take on the challenges.

Jackie Rockwell said...

Love the rich color combination! The matching envelope is so pretty! Great card Gayatri! So glad you played RetroSketches this week!

Kara Lynne said...

This is gorgeous! The stamp placement is just perfect and I love your envelope.

maria f. said...

Very striking card. As for the teenagers - they can really smash your mojo... Keep telling him what you want him to do and make sure he does it. You know the old "give em an inch and they take a mile". Trust me, it's true.

Jennifer K said...

I wish I had an answer for you about the teenager issue. My DD is 12 so will be a teen in a year and some days are quite unpleasant. The attitude! Ick! Glad you found a way to recharge your batteries by making some loveliness.

JJ Bolton said...

Beautiful card Gayatri! Love the coordinating envelope too! I love to do that, but always seem to forget:)

I hear you RE: the teens! I have twin boys that are due to turn 13 in a couple of weeks. Thank goodness for crafting, right?

Have a great day!

jintyoo7 said...

Stunning, Gayatri - love how you focussed on bringing a bit more pink into the design and the doilies are beautiful!

Sorry about the teen issues :( At least it will just be a phase. You did the "right thing" - defusing the the effects by crafting - YAY it can be so therapeutic - LOL!

Beverley said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE!

Cristina said...

I LOVE this! Holy, brilliant stamping!

me said...

I know ya, we need sometimes to do something we like to have some relax. Love what you've created here. Thanks for joining us Runway Inspired Challenge!

xoxo
Angeline

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Love how you stamped the sentiment right over the doily images. And the matching envelope is so cute! Thanks for joining us on the Runway!

Michelle said...

Ooh, somehow I missed this card! It's beautiful!!