Sunday, July 4, 2010

Be Happy!


Second post today! I have a card to share I made using 2S4Y sketch and Ted's color challenge.
Here is the card.


 I live in Australia and we have Australia Day on January 26th. So making a patriotic card at this time of the year is not suitable for me. Therefore I used the Red, Blue, White and Kraft together with a general sentiment. Sketch was perfect for the card. After seeing a lot of stars on cards lately, I wanted to make a card using stars and I borrowed the star punches from my friend. My son is a tween and I don't use stars based decor for his room anymore. Infact I have given them all away. So I did not bother to get any Star  based stamp set or punches. I think its time for me to revisit stars again:)
Supplies:
Cardstock: SU's Kraft CS, PTI's Enchanted Evening, Stamper's Select White, Pure Poppy CS
Stamp Sets: Distressed Stripes and Enjoyed the Ride
Accessories: Star punches, Square punch, Tag punch and scallop square punch from SU, Twine,Two way gluepen and SU's Dazzling Diamonds.

Thanks for the sketch, Laura! and for the color challenge Ted!
Have a great weekend.

Hugs

7 comments:

Erum Tasneem said...

this is such a cute card! so neat and the cuts are so clean.

Ted said...

Gayatri, everything about this card is eye-catching! I love the sparkles on the stars and how you arranged them - nice composition! Thanks for taking part in my challenge! :)

Amy said...

Wow it's changed again! Love the final product - very eye catching Gayatri :)

cnelson said...

so fun!! LOVIN' those stars!

Diane Jaquay said...

This is FABULOUS Gayatri, love the striped background, the twine treatment, and the wonderful stars!!

Laurie said...

I love this! The distressed strips are perfect for this card! Great job!

Monica K. said...

This is so fun! Love the glitter on the stripes and how the twine brings it all together. And I love those stars! Great job!