Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Butterfly Pansies...

Second post today! As I told you my Daughter Aditi is sick and at home, she is bored!!! She asked me if she can do some crafts with me. So we browsed through the internet and then set to make the butterfly pansies. There are different ways to make it. But this is how we made it. I decided to make a tutorial to show how to make them in about 3 minutes. Its super duper easy.
 
 
 
Punch out two butterflies out of white cardstock using SU's butterfly punch

 
I then sponged the centre of the butterfly with SU's Summer Sun ink. You can use any bright yellow ink.


Next, I sponged the butterfly with SU's Bravo Burgundy ink
 

Finally, I sponged Elegant Eggplant to get the darker purplish shade.


Use the crimper and crinkle both the butterflies.
 

Layer one butterfly over the other. One vertically and the other horizontally.


Don't they look like pansies ? I added a purple rhinestone in the centre of the pansies to make it look pretty.
 

You can use it for your cards or scrapbook page as it is. I stuck these pansies on hair clips and here they are...
 

...On my DD's hair!



I have added SU's Dazzling Diamonds around the rhinestones for some sparkle... Hope you enjoyed the tutorial. Have fun making them yourself.
Cheers!

7 comments:

Kara said...

So sweet and simple. I love when you can get such great results from a quick and easy technique!

Monica K. said...

These butterfly hair barrettes are so much fun, Gayatri! What a cute idea. I might have to make these for my niece! :)

Angy said...

This is so clever. So cute...

Jill said...

How cute! Thanks for the easy tutorial too!

Jennifer K said...

Beautiful hair clips and beautiful daughter! The tutorial was great!

Priya Venkat Designs said...

Simple and beautiful. Love the idea. Now I'm go make one for my daughter. Thanks.

Nerina said...

How unbelievably clever! These are gorgeous (and so is your beautiful daughter!!)