Thursday, July 15, 2010

Color Throwdown!

Hi everybody,
I have a 3D project to share. I made it using the Petal Die from Stampin' Up!.  Color Throwdown has a beautiful color combination this week and I thought I will use those colors and make the 3D project. Here are the colors of this week's Color Throwndown.

This is what I came up with.


I made a box out of 4 Baja Breeze petal pieces from petal die. I used the semi circle petal outside for extra interest and dimension. I have sponged the edges with Baja Breeze ink. I have used Kiwi Kiss cardstock to make the tall backing and topped with a semicircular Baja Breeze CS. Used border punch from Martha Stewart on Basic Black cardstock and layered it on the edges of the box and on the backing. Kraft ribbon to hold the tags. Here is a photo with a gift inside. I don't have any new body lotion or scrub or spray or even a shampoo to put inside for the photo. The only unopened cosmetics available with me at the moment is this Dove rubon deo. Sorry about that!


A closeup of the tag. I have used the frame from SU's Great Friend and the small bud rose from SU's Rose is a Rose and the two step bird punch for the leaves. The rose is stamped using just Baja Breeze ink. The second layer of the rose is stamp three times with Baja Breeze to get a darker shade. The 3D paper rose is from Prima marketing.


This tag below is from SU's Cottage garden stamp set cut and layered on Baja Breeze and Kiwi Kiss. The 3D rose is from prima Marketing and rhinestones is from Kaisercraft


Supplies:
Cardstock: SU's Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, Basic Black and Whisper White.
Stamp Set: SU's Rose is a Rose, Cottage Garden, Great Friends
Ink: SU's Basic Black, Baja Breeze
Accessories: SU's Kraft taffeta ribbon, Martha Stewart border punch, thread, SU's tag punch, Two step bird punch, Prima Marketing paper roses, Kaisercraft's rhinestones.

Thanks for an awesome color challenge.I enjoyed making this.
Have a great day!
Hugs

3 comments:

Ash said...

Very beautiful & luscious....;)

Ash...
(http://hastkala-oceanichope.blogspot.com/)

dpkennedy said...

LOL! Some people might appreciate a gift of deodorant, especially those around them, ha! This is a lovely creation! Thanks so much for playing the Color Throwdown!

Ayana Posadas said...

What a FUN project!
The colors look great!
So cute! :)