Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Clean and Simple meets JAI Embossing!

Well, school started today but only one of my children went to school today. My DD Aditi is sick with cold and flu and is at home with me. The viruses seems to get attracted to her a lot more now-a-days. Pretty girl you see! She is reading as I type and rolls her watery eyes lol! Anyway, since I am stuck at home, I decided to craft. Here is a card I made using Clean and Simple sketch and since I embossed the images, I am entering the card for JAI - Embossing challenge as well.
CAS sketch for you.
 

Here is my take on the challenges


Challenges: CAS Sketch and JAI- Embossing

Supplies:
Cardstock: PTI's Kraft, Melon Berry and Hawaiian Shores
Stamp set: Kind and Caring Thoughts from SU
Ink: White craft ink from SU
Accessories: Note punch from SU, White embossing powder from SU, PTI's Black satin ribbon,PTI's melon Berry button, Sponge and corner punch from SU.

Always nice to do a basic technique on a simple card. The focus is great on the image and sentiment.
Thanks for these beautiful challenges week after week. Its always exciting to see a new CAS sketch or whats new this week at JAI. Have a great week!
Hugs

8 comments:

Christine Blain said...

Beautiful, Gayatri. I love the image you've embossed, and the sponging of white ink is the perfect touch around the edges. Love it!

Bronwyn Eastley said...

There is such beauty in simplicity! Love this card.

Jennifer K said...

So simple and so pretty. I love the look of white embossing - it's always so striking!

Danielle Daws said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Very elegant. :-)

Tania Gould said...

This is really lovely! These colours POP!

AJ said...

Sorry to hear you have a virus round your house! ;) Hope he leaves soon! Beautiful card, love the colour combo, neat take on our challenge too. xx

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the embossing and the color combo! PRETTY card!

Jen Carter said...

This is gorgeous! It just really pops and I love your color combo!