Sunday, January 15, 2012

Cool Tools Week- Cutting and Trimming Challenge.


Hi again, 

I have another card to share with you today. I spent some time this morning when everybody was sleeping in to cut out some flowers from a packaging. Some beautiful smelling body butter and body wash came inside this package. I should confess, I bought it because I liked the gorgeous packaging. I don't know about you but I do it all the time :) Anyway, here is the card I made using the cutouts.

You are simply fabulous card

I love Maile's style of adding a piece of colour cardstock to one side of the card front. I decided to give it a go, then adhered the first cutout with glue and adhered the second cutout using foam for the raised effect. Sentiment is from Wonderful Words Additions and the stamp set does not have a "You" stamp but has "Yours". Having just this one sentiment set with me, I had to improvise. Used a piece of paper on the rightside when stamping "yours" so I get only "you" on the cardfront and "rs" on the piece of paper.I love the purple and green combination and lots of white space.

Supplies:
Cardstock: Stamper's Select White and Simply Chartreuse from Papertrey Ink
Stamp set: Wonderful Words Additions from Papertrey Ink
Accessories: Body butter and bosy wash packaging and scissors
My last day on the holiday. Driving back home tomorrow:) So more access to craft materials and cannot wait to play CAS stamping class.

Thanks for visiting :)


Pin It

8 comments:

Michelle said...

Gorgeous, Gayatri! All that white space is lovely.

I have to admit, I was just now about to throw away some shopping bags from Christmas shopping when I realised they were made of the most delicious paper and they are now in my craft bin. I'm glad I did it after seeing your card. :-)

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous card, Gayatri! Love that you used the packaging and turned it into a wonderful card. The foam dimension really gives it a nice pop :)

Jen Adcock said...

The best bit is that this was done with your "holiday"'supplies only! Clever you! This is such a fresh card. Pretty as a picture. Love the way it photographed too. Very stylish. I am a sucker for beaut packaging as well. I'm just back home today. Cannot wait to get my craft on. Lovely work Gayatri. So inspiring!

Joyce said...

Beautiful card. You are really getting creative with your supplies.

Elena said...

I buy things for their packaging more often than I should ;). Love the band of cardstock on the right - it makes the card, in my opinion!

Leigh Penner said...

Wow, that is gorgeous packaging! I love how you used it on your card!

MicheyMoo said...

I confess that I have a room full of more supplies for cardmaking than I could possibly use in a year, but I still keep packaging that catches my eye!! You're not alone on that one. :) You are truly rocking the Clean and Simple challenges from class. xx

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Gayatri! Thanks for linking this up to the Cutting & Trimming Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)