Thursday, January 5, 2012

ric - #3 Gareth Pugh Spring 2012


Ok, I must confess, I missed Runaway Inspired Challenge over the Christmas and New year holidays. I was so happy when I saw the new challenge. Love the inspirational photo from fashion runaway that Jennifer chooses. It is a challenge for me because I have stop considering the model as one of the elements to use on my card. It is hard. The models stand out in the picture. They look gorgeous in the outfit they are wearing. But cannot have a silhouette/lady image on all my cards lol!
  Anyway, I looked away this time and took only black and white and stripes are my inspiration to make this card. 

Valentine's card 2012

I combined "Be Mine" sentiment from Love you more stamp set from Wplus9 and "wild things" from It's a jungle out there stamp set from Papertrey Ink to make "Be mine wild thing" as the sentiment. Love the sentiment and perfect for the zebra image.
If you like to play along, then click on the photo below to take you to the challenge blog.



Supplies:
Cardstock: Stampers Select White from Papertrey Ink and Basic Black from SU
Inks: Momento Black Ink
Stamp sets: It's a Jungle out there from papertrey Ink and Love you more from Wplus9
Accessories : Spellbinder label #2 dies and It's a Jungle out there coordinating die from Papertrey Ink

Thanks so much for visiting :)  See you soon

Pin It

12 comments:

Joyce said...

This is such a great take on the challenge and a great card. I am having trouble with this week's photo. I think I'm not fashionable enough. You are wise to ignore the model. Maybe, I'll try thinking about it that way.

Deb said...

Fabulous!

Hussena said...

this is amazing.. love the way you have interpreted the challenge and this is such a perfect sentiment!!

euna said...

Brilliant and striking card, Gayatri. Love the simplicity of the card, yet all the impact of black & white that is coming through. Looks fab :)

Anonymous said...

Love this, Gayatri! Mr. Zebra there looks wonderful set on that label die. :)

Unknown said...

Love it!

Penny said...

Such a cute card!

Michelle said...

*big smile* I love this card. :-)

Kara said...

this is great!!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Your card makes me grin ear to ear! I love that zebra just standing there in the middle of the card. Paired with the great sentiment it is awesome! Thanks so much for joining us at the Runway Inspired Challenge!

Tammy said...

Love how you combined the sentiments from the 2 sets!! Great card!!

Cristina said...

Hee. We were sort of on the same wavelength. Love your version, though. Thanks for playing with us at Runway!