Friday, January 27, 2012

Thinking of you...


Morning everybody,

I have been making more embossing plates using my dies. Here is one more card made using homemade embossing plate. The dies I have used on this green panel is made using Turning New Leaf dies from Papertrey Ink.

closeup

I figured out after making a few embossing panels from dies, that embossing is much more defined with solid dies, cut using thicker cardboard. I tried using tissuebox but the embossing is not so good. The toys and games packaging cardboard is perfect. exact thickness to run through cuttlebug without stressing it and gives good impression.
Here is a close up of the card

Thinking of you card

Supplies:
Cardstock: Stampers Select White and Ripe Avocado from Papertrey Ink Basic Black from SU.
Stamp sets: Love Birds from Wplus9 and Floral Sizzix and Hero Arts framelit set
Inks: Stazon Black Ink
Accessories: New Leaf dies from PTI, Cardboard packaging, cuttlebug, tree die from MFT and rhinestones.

Thanks for visiting :)

Pin It

3 comments:

Kara said...

awesome...i love this technique and can't wait to try it....i just have to remember the next time i'm in "my room":)

Jen W. said...

Such a fabulous technique you've developed! It gives you so many more embossing options without buying a ton of folders an plates. And I love this sweet card. :)

Joyce said...

Oh, dear. You need to do a Make it Monday--Aussie style. What a great technique you have invented. And, a super card. Yes, I'm up for another mini blog hop. Let me know what you've got up your sleeve.