Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Magical Moments


Hi everybody,

I have a mini blog hop for you today.
 Joyce from Cards by the Sea asked if I will join her and Kim from Cupcakes, Cards and Kim to a mini blog hop showcasing a stamp set by Wplus9. This set is called Magical Moments. All three of us have this set and so we wanted to share our creations using this set. I love peacocks and when I looked into this set long time ago when it was released, I loved it and bought it. I did not crack open this set until a couple of weeks ago to use for a challenge. I love this set. Here is the stamp set for you.


Click on the picture to take you to the store.

And here are my cards I made using the stamps. On this card I used the peacock as the focal point and its feathers as the background.


Magical day card

I love this one. The white peacock against the purple background is magical, don't you think?

Magical Moments card

This one is my attempt at making a modern card.


Life beautiful card 2012

Hope you like my projects. Now if you like to see more inspirational cards using this stamp set, then visit the gorgeous Kim and Joyce's blogs. I am sure you will find some gorgeous creations which will inspire you.

Supplies:

Card #1:
Cardstock: Spring rain from Papertrey Ink, Gina K luxury white.
Pattern Paper: Sorry don't know the name of the company.
Ink: Momento Black ink, Su's Kiwi Kiss
Accessories: Green Galore and Tempting Turquoise markers from SU. Spring Rain saddle stitch ribbon from Papertrey ink and Kindy Glitz Aqua.

Card #2
Cardstock: Royal Velvet from Papertrey Ink
Ink: Colour Box Frost white, Elegant Eggplant from SU
Stamp set: Sentiment from First Class Friend from MFT
Accessories: Rhinestones from Kaisercraft, Uniball white gel pen, White embossing powder, heat gun and Pomogranate Glimmer Mist.

Card #3
Cardstock:  Stampers Select White and Simply Chartreuse from Papertrey Ink
Inks: Tempting Turquoise, Kiwi Kiss, Elegant Eggplant from SU, Stazon black ink
Accessories: Tempting Turquoise and Green Galore markers from SU, Corner Chomper and rhinestones from Kaisercraft.

Thanks for visiting and would love to hear from you. So don't forget to leave a comment :)
If you have this set and is inspired to make a project, then join us by leaving a link on the comments :) I would love to see what you have created.


Pin It

11 comments:

Hussena said...

All 3 of your cards are simply Beautiful....The white embossed Peacock on the Purple Background is simply Stunning...love the All!!!!!!

Elena said...

That last card is my fave, but the embossed peacock on purple is stunning!

carol (krillsister) said...

Gayatri,
You have created three beautiful cards. I like the peacock on the die cut with the ribbon. Gret layout. The last card is my favorite. Love the colors and simplicity of it.

Renee said...

Oh...I love!
Those glittery feathers...
swoon!!
Then the way you used the feathers in the last card...
genius!
Fabulous cards...
and what a fun idea! :)

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...these are all so awesome and beautiful. I love the sparkles on the peacock feathers. You have such an incredible talent.

Joyce said...

I love all these cards. I don't have a favorite, but really admire the way you have used color, glitter and bling on all of them. I tried to do something with those little flowers that you used on your last card, but couldn't get anything to work. I like how you did yours. What a fun mini blog hop!

M said...

Wow, I love these! THey have such a lovely modern feel to them. And I adore the glitter - fabulous! The peacock images are beautiful.
Following!
M x

Marybeth said...

Gorgeous, Gayatri ! All the cards are beautiful , I love the very last one the best only because I just love CAS. It is so very elegant! Nicely done,all three of you.

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, these are beautiful, Gayatri!

Dawn said...

These are all gorgeous...but I'm particularly drawn to the first one. Just beautiful.

Jen W. said...

Such a fun idea! I love how different all 3 are! I especially love the last one.