Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Amore

My friend Lexie has set a challenge at Debs.
The rules are to use red, Black, Brown and White colors.
No other colors to be used.
Scrapper can choose their own embellishments and papers and design and photo.
I love the challenge.
Wow, Superb color combo and the flexibility of using papers and embellishment.
I had this Bohemian Red paper with me for a very long time.
I love the paper and its brown damask.
I decided to use it as the base.
The paper has a faint flourish upon which
I hand stitched to highlight the fourish as well as to add texture.
The circular Crate paper is fantastic.
I wanted to make full use of it and felt by using it as a base paper,
it is not possible to get that.
So I cut 1/3 of the circle and again into two pieces.
Now, there is the bigger piece as a layer at the bottom of the photo
and the smaller piece on the top corner to coordinate the larger piece.
The black pp behind the photo is from Bo Bunny, distressed at the edges.
The photo is of my brother and SIL converted into sepia , matted and distressed on the edges.
I did a rough distressing because I wanted some texture in the layout.
The flowers are from 123 scrapbook blossoms, red leaves are from Petaloo,
diecuts and lace from my stash, the centre piece bling is from Prima.
The together tag is from Chiquita my friend from Debs.
I received it from the tag swapp.
Gorgeous isn't it. Was perfect for this LO.
The three circles are from Creative Imagination paper I had in my stash
which is inked on the edges and decorated with a small white flower
with a red pearl on the top and couple of tiny red diecuts.
There is Love charm hanging from the flowers.
Not seen in the LO. I will change the photo soon.
Title is from K&Co Rhapsody chipboard stickers.
Hope you enjoy reading.
Here are some closeups.


Thanks for stopping by

Hugs

1 comment:

Kim Dellow said...

Oh what a lovely LO. Gorgeous details. Kim