Friday, January 16, 2009

Lost and Found!!!


I thought I lost my mojo!!
Although I had all my purchases with me, I was not motivated to sit for a layout!!
Weird!!! Weird!!!
I just thought I will make a layout irrespective of how I feel.
Maybe just sit on the table and go through my old stash and make a layout.
No sketch, no challenges, nothing.. starting with a clean slate.
Thats why I picked up Fancy Pants The Daily Grind Chalkboard paper as the base.
Picked a photo randomly. This is the photo of my mom, dad and my brother.
I rounded the corners and then mounted it on a piece of blue card stock.
a yellow ribbon and wrapped it around on the bottom and tied the ribbon.
Then I picked up the Fancy Pants Holly Molly Snowflakes paper.
Lots of picking!!! Yup, just picked and picked randomly!!!lol!
Wanted to use the bright pink side.
Cut a medium rectangle piece and round the edges using the corner punch.
I placed this piece at the right hand centre of the base paper.
Mounted the blue cardstock with the photo on the rightside of the pink paper.
Again I had the leftover piece of black zigzag paper,
which I added at the bottom of the blue cardstock.
I then used a circle punch and punched two circles out of my bits and pieces of stash.
Placed them as shown in the layout, half tucked under the pink paper.
Took a rectanglar piece of yellow cardstock tucked under the pink paper in thet op rightside.
I then doodled using my pink gel pen. added a black flower punched out of the flower punch I received from Shell. Added a green pearl in the centre.
The journalling tag is made out of a piece of green paper cut to the size of 7 gypies overlay
and I used dymo to make the journalling words.
I loved the tiny pegs, I bought few months ago.
I used them to clip the paper and the overlay together.
Flowers are from Prima, Mulburry paper flower, Green Tara.
Brads and buttons from my stash.
Just to add texture I used White Slick Kindy Glitz to doodle around the pink paper
and also the large doodle on the top.
For the title, I have used Heidi Swapp "Family" stamp, to stamp on a yellow piece of paper,
cut it out and inked the edges.
I am pretty happy with the outcome.
A nice bright piece of color on the chalkboard.
Afterall, my mojo did not go anywhere.lol!!!
Some closeups :




Thanks for stopping by

Hugs

6 comments:

The Blog Hoppers said...

welcome to *ON THE HOP* Gayatri
we luv your blog and will be back often to see what you have been up to
xx the blog hoppers xx

Chic said...

Just beautiful, looks like a chalkboard with bright funky chalk drawings. Great effect.

Tracey said...

Awesome LO Gayatri. Love the colours that you have used.

lexie said...

love it....it's fun to try something different ...I'm woking on one now check my blog later today it should be up oxo

Kylie said...

Wow - love it Gayatri. The colours are gorgeous. Well done!

Amanda said...

Gorgeous work as always!