Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I love sketches......



Yeah, I love sketches.
The main reason being, it gives me a rough idea what to do and saves time.
I usually take printouts of the sketches I like
and yesterday, I bought a folder and sleeves (from back to school sale lol!!)
and arranged all the sketches.
Feels so nice to organise things.
Today it is going to be stamps, which needs sorting out.
Once I finish I will put pictures of them.


Ok, This sketch is from stucksketches blog.
Every week Sara puts up a sketch and anyone can make a layout using the sketch
and email it to her.
She has a reader's gallery and towards the end of the month there is a prize for a winner!
Give it a go.




This is my take on the sketch.
I had these pictures of my DH playing "Need for speed"
and he looked so excited and I could see his inner child coming out.
He is a cautious driver. This is because he has treated many kids with car accidents in ICU.
But when he plays need for speed, the joy of driving fast cars is just..............
We know!! We know!!!

Anyway, coming to the materials used.
I have used Basic Grey Granola papers in this layout
and a piece of Basic Grey Stella Ruby paper.
Some brown cardstock to matt the photos.
Chipboard embellishments from A-Z scraplets, some inked with Bella inks,
the star brightened using Kindy Glitz Aqua.
The jute is from Rivers tag ties.Alphas alos from Basic Grey granola range.

Here are some closeups:



Thanks for stopping by

Hugs

2 comments:

Mandy said...

very funny page...yep...sketches can be fabulous for when you're brain is having a slow day...i love them too...lol...

Angela said...

Oh this is just devine work here Gayatri, I just love how you choose your colour schemes, well done and keep smiling:)
Mwah & Hugs Angie xox