Friday, March 2, 2012

Celebrate Everyday!


I have been exploring Hero Arts Stamp sets now and I love them:) My main inspiration is my fellow Aussie, Joy Taylor. Her work with Hero Arts stamps is fabulous. Then my friend Cara sent me a stamped image card base. I loved the stamp and found it is a Hero Arts Stamp ( Fabric Design background stamp). I then started following Hero Arts Blog regularly. I have learned lots of  new techniques from the videos on their blog as well. In this month's contest, Hero Arts have three options to create a stamped project. 
  • Fabulous Flowers - Let your creativity bloom and include one or more flowers on your project!
  • Velveteen Stamping - Be sure to check out Shari Carroll’s March technique article and video to learn more about this fun new technique! Projects utilizing velveteen stamping can be of ANY theme.
  • Color Challenge - Create a project using the color palette below for inspiration. Corresponding Mid-tone Shadow Ink colors are noted, however the use of these inks is not a requirement. Color challenge projects can be of ANY theme.
march-challenge-inks

I watched Shari's video and decided to give the technique a try. The result is awesome.
 Here is my take on the Velveteen Stamping technique.

IMGP2693

Here is a closeup of the flower with the white stamped background.


Isn't it gorgeous? The card is much more pretty in real like Shari said in the video. 
Thanks Shari for sharing the technique and video :)

Supplies:
Cardstock: Stampers Select white from Papertrey Ink
Stamp sets: Zig Zag, Celebrate Everyday, Lotus Leaves from Hero Arts
Inks: Colourbox Frost White. Watermelon and Sage from Amuse Inks. Stazon Black Ink

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day!

Goodnight from Australia :)
Pin It

9 comments:

Unknown said...

This is awesome!! Love how this technique turned out!

Joyce said...

Beautiful. I'll have to check out that video. I've never heard of that technique.

Kara said...

so cool and so beautiful!

Jen Adcock said...

This is fan-bloody-tastic! I also gave the velvet technique a go yesterday. Nowhere near as successful as yours but. Wih a bit of practice I hope to get something to post. Hehee. I am loving the mid tone shadow inks. They stain bad on clear stamps but nearly worth it in their effect. Red rubber is perfect though.

Love your colours and the layering. As inspiring as always!

Anonymous said...

This is fabulous! Love your subtle chevrons using this technique!

SmilynStef said...

That technique is gorgeous with those vibrant hues.

June K said...

Congratulations on your win at Hero Arts. Beautiful card.

Chunyuan said...

gorgeous.

maria f. said...

GORGEOUS. Your velveteen worked perfectly and your color combo - smashing.