Friday, March 23, 2012

My heart is always with you


Second post for today! I made another card for Moxie Fab World - The Fascination with Feathers Challenge. I made my own feather and made a vintage card.

My Heart card

Supplies:
Cardstock: Kraft and Scarlet Jewel from PTI
Stamps: Love Live Here and Text background stamps from PTI and Feathers and flourishes from Hero Arts
Inks: Archival Black Ink, Frayed Burlap distress ink and Colourbox chalk ink.
Accessories: pattern papers from stash, skewers, sponging tool,lace, paper rose from Kaisercraft. Flourish die from Hero Arts.

I drew a rough sketch of a feather on couple of pattern papers, then stamped some text on it, cut the sketches out. Then scored through the middle. Adhered skewer at the scored middle of the feather piece and then adhere the other piece on the top. Then randomly cut "V" shape to give it a real feather look. Finally inked the edges. Ta da there is a feather :)

It has been a long time since I made a layered card using embellishments. Love it when it is a vintage card. Hope you like it :)

Thanks for visiting :)
Pin It

11 comments:

Unknown said...

This is a work of art!

Jen Adcock said...

Oh my oh my! Gayatri, this card is phenomenal! I love this vintage beauty in so many ways. The feathers (yours especially) are divine. This card is an award winner for sure. So inspiring!

JJ Bolton said...

This is so beautiful! I love your handmade feather!

Carole said...

I love this one... just beautiful
http://carolescreativecritters.blogspot.com/

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous Gayatri. Your feather looks amazing.

Unknown said...

I love it! Thanks for sharing the feather technique!

I have an award on my blog for you if you would like to accept it :)

Anita Kejriwal said...

Saw Your card on the Moxie Fab and loved its elegance. Have started following your beautiful work.

Rae said...

WOW! So gorgeous!

Marlena M. said...

INCREDIBLE work, Gayatri!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Gayatri! Thanks again for linking up to the Fascination with Feathers Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)

Michele Gross said...

I checked the stunning box because this is a jaw dropper :)