Saturday, March 24, 2012

Scrap Challenge


Hi Everybody, Yesterday I was watching Better Homes and Gardens and the decor clip was distressing and rejuvinating an old boring wooden dining table and mix of chairs. The table top was finished with pasting old music papers on table top and varnishing it. Looked pretty good. I wanted  to translate that idea in a card. Light bulb moment lol! And I did it today.
 Here is my card.

Happy Birthday Grandma

The center panel is made by using old dictionary scrap paper. I cut the scrap paper into small pieces, inked the edges and glued them randomly on a 3 1/2 x  4 3/4 inches cardstock. I also stamped images on the panel and coloured them using markers. I then inked the edges of the cardstock. I am so happy with how I was able to use a scrap dictionary paper and a few stamps to create a focal vintage panel. I then added the twine and sentiment strip and finished off with a beautiful red rose flower. This panel is mounted on the red card base using foam adhesives.

Supplies:
Cardstocks: Pure Poppy and vintage cream cardstocks from PTI
Stamps: Prima Marketing clear stamp item # 536244 and sentiments from Delightful Dahilia and Butterflies from Butterfly Dreams from PTI
Inks: Frayed Burlap Distress Ink. Archival Black Ink
Accessories: Markers from Stampin' Up!, Sponging tool, Chocolate twine and Prima Marketing red rose flower.


Thanks for visiting and see you soon:)

P.S: I have a fun challenge here. Check it out! If you make a project, please link it up :)

Pin It

11 comments:

Tui Nathan said...

Wow .... love this!

Michelle said...

I turned over to BHG and my daughter won the war of the remote and we watched Glee instead, LOL! I think you did a great CASE of that table. In fact, I think your card looks better. Gorgeous work, as always, Gayatri. :-)

Maya Ariffin said...

Hello. Your card is beautiful :)

Paru Mahtani said...

So pretty!!

Lizzy Hill said...

What a wonderful idea & a lovely card...the red looks gorgeous contrasted to the book pages:):)

Dawn T said...

what a great card Gayatri. Neat idea to take inspiration from the home decor idea;

Renee said...

WOWZA!!
This is absolutely gorgeous!!
Love the paper scraps...
and then stamped with those gorgeous images...
wow! :)

Tee said...

Oh WOW!!! simply WOW!!!! I would not believe it that making this can be so simple, but yet it is...stunning!! and loved the vintage colors!!! off to tear some books!! :)

Rae said...

Gorgeous!

Beverley said...

LOVE this card! Love the colours and how you have overlapped and stamped onto the scraps of text paper! FAB!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Gayatri! Thanks for linking this up to the Paper Scraps Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)