Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Thank You!


So glad to be back on my weekday routine after a looong weekend. Work was good and rest of the day was busy with running errands, cooking and driving my daughter down to the pool for swimming lessons. All done and dusted for today. So it is sharing time. I made this card for Kathy's Lily Pad Palette challenge.


Well, I will never even think of putting these three colours together. Thats because I am a bright colour girl. I cannot do soft and neutral colours. So this was a challenge for me. I want to use these colours to see how they look on a finished card. 
Here is the card.

Thank You card

I am amazed with how well these colours go together and the result is fantastic! I should not be bragging about my own card but I love it. Gosh! I will use this combination more often. Thanks for the colour palette, Kathy!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Sweet Blush from PTI, Close to Cocoa and River Rock (I think! It is an old SU colour! Sorry don't remember off my head now )
Stamp set: Delicate Blossoms and Dictionary Greetings from Hero Arts. Sentiment from PTI
Accessories: scrap paper from stash, Pinking edge die from PTI, Liquid Applique Pearl.

Thanks for visiting and see you soon :)


Pin It

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Love this paper piecing!

Joyce said...

Really wonderful card. I have both of those sets ( just got the flowers the other day), and really like how you have used them together. Great job on the pastels, too. I also am more inclined towards the brights, and tend to just skip those pastel challenges.

Susie said...

Gorgeous design work. Love everything about it.

Nancy K said...

oh wow, this is stunning! you used the challenge colors to perfection! so happy you joined us at Lily Pad Cards.

Kathy said...

I know what you mean about using these colors...I had the same challenge. You certainly knocked this out of the park. Love your paper piecing and the background. Stunning! Thanks for playing along with Lily Pads color challenge. :)

Lin said...

I love your card, Gayatri, and I hope you'll use them again, too! Thanks so much for giving them a try and playing along with us at Lily Pad Cards!

Suzie McFloozy said...

Stunning card love the colours and the beautiful stamp combo x
Gorgeous x
((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

WONDERFUL card! Perfect take on the colors and so beautiful! Thanks for playing with us at Lily Pad cards! Hugs, Karin

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Gayatri, this is beautiful. This HA flower is one of my favorite as well. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Lily Pad. :)

Unknown said...

Knocked my socks off with this lovely paper-piecing! And I am SO glad to hear that you were forced into using colors that are outside your usual comfort zone AND that you had a great experience with it. That's why we have the color challenges! Thank you so much for sharing here at the Lily Pad!. Hugs & Blessings....

Wida said...

this is really really gorgeous. The paper piercing makes me want to grab a pair of scissors RIGHT NOW! great job and congrats on the win.

Deb Walker Deb Stamps Life, LLC said...

Beautifully done! Congratulations on your recognition!