Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Stamp organisation


I meant to do some organising, stamp especially for a very long time. It is just that I believe that the time I spend organising can be spent stamping instead. So I have delayed organising for such a long time until now. Why now? Thats is because of two reasons. First, majority of my stamps are from Papertrey Ink and they have now changed their packaging system. Secondly, I have started exploring other stamp companies and now have a decent collection which needs storage.

After so much thinking, I decided to go with Martha Stewart's protector sheets which comes in single, two or four pockets with flaps. They also come in two sizes - 8 1/2 X 11 inches and 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 inches. I chose the 8 1/2 X 11 inches sheets because I can get binders  here in Australia without having to ship the binders from USA. I have a lovely friend Cara from Canada who helped me buy these MS protectors from Staples and ship them to me. I bought lots of them at one go. Thanks so much Cara. What will I do without your help!  You are so sweet :)

I have started organising my stamp sets into the folders. I have not done PTI stamps yet because I need an entire day and some heavy acetate sheets to organise. Here are a few pictures of my stamp organisation using MS protector sheets :)

IMGP2772

IMGP2774

I have a fair number of Hero Arts Stamps and I think I need a separate binder :)

IMGP2775

Even the new Clean and Simple stamps fit into it :)

IMGP2776

And here are the pictures of stamps in the four pocket sheets

IMGP2780

IMGP2781

IMGP2782

And another good news is that dies too fit into them. All smaller dies fit into the four pocket sheet and the bigger dies and border dies fit easily into the two pocket sheets. Although I have just organised my smaller dies using CD folders, my larger dies are still inside a box. So I am going to get the larger dies into the two pocket sheets are well.

Amazing how much space I have in my cupboard.  Love that I spent some time today organising. I still have to label them using label maker which I will do this evening in front of TV :)

Thanks so much for stopping by! Email me is you have any questions

Have a great day!
Pin It

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks fantastic!

maria f. said...

Thanks for sharing. I use the binder system too, but find that littler stamps sets fall out. My plastic sheets are 8.5x11. Good to know that there are divided ones out there.

cards by cara said...

Wow! What a wonderful post!! Your organization looks fabulous and I'm so very glad they worked out for you. Phew!

Susan said...

I love this!!! Everything looks so nice and neat. I've been trying to avoid the 8.5x11 size binder but this is just perfect. Hopefully I can organize my stamps as well as you did!

Lilian said...

Awesome work Gayatri! :) I'll be buying those folders now :) Thanks for sharing!

Vicki said...

Thanks for sharing. I am interested to know how you go long term with this. I am in the process of deciding whether to change from DVD/CD covers to binders. If I can't see things I forget to use them!!
These pockets look similar to double DVD folders I use for my dies.
How do you keep your stamps so stain free? I am impressed.
Thanks again for sharing.

Lou Spiden said...

I love this idea.....but need a shipping buddy as they won't ship here :(