Thursday, March 15, 2012

Inspired by Pinterest


Afternoon! I am happy to be back blogging today. Until last night I was unable to even sit up for more than 2 hours. The cough is persistant, vomiting, eyes burning, nose block and body aches. I cannot recall being this ill before :( I have given bloods,swabs, sputum and chest x-ray and waiting for the results. On antibiotics and steriods and hoping I will get better fully after this weekend.

I am planning to do a "Inspired by Pinterest" section every week. I will select a picture from my Inspirational Patterns board and use it as an inspirational to make a project. It can be anything from card, to set of card to frame or even invitation sets...What do you think? It will be fun and if you like to join and make a project using the picture then, I will post a linky. It depends on how many responses I get today, Ok!

For today's inspirational picture, I chose this one.


And my project is a frame.

IMGP2749

My Wplus9 order arrived couple of weeks ago and love their latest release dies that coordinate with their stamp set called Folk Arts Florals. When I saw this picture on Pinterest, these dies from Wplu9 came to my mind immediately and so I pinned the picture.

In a brief period of wellness yesterday, I diecut the birdhouses and then slowly worked towards making this frame. I love the colours - all neutral. Hope you like it.So if you find this picture inspirational and make a project, then leave a comment with a link to your project. Also let me know if you like to play with me ever Thursday :)

Supplies: 
Cardstock: GinaK Pure Luxury White cardstock, Close to Cocoa, Sand Sahara from SU
Stamp sets: Woodgrain Silhouettes and Folk art Florals from Wplus9
Accessories: White frame from local store.

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It

13 comments:

Elena said...

I love an inspired-by-pinterest weekly post! and I always adore your framed art! btw, I'm still lol-ing at your comment from last week where your son will agree to marry a woman, IF she knows how to cook indian food! I was such a disappointment to my indian MIL... she had so much to teach me :)

Susie said...

I would like to join you. This kind of a challenge is difficult for me but makes me stretch my abilities. I have a stamp set I can use for this one. I hope others join you. I also hope you are feeling better. You sound like you have been miserable.

Sanketi said...

Will try to join in..not sure if I have the supplies..but then that's the challenge!

Dawn said...

This is amazing Gayatri! And to think you came up with this while you were ill?! Mad skills woman! TFS and I hope you are feeling better very soon.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! Love it! Such a great idea :)

Beverley said...

Great idea. I love what you have created from the inspiration. I'd have it on display thats for sure. Thanks for the lovely comments on my blog & I do hope you feel better soon xx

Wendy Coffman said...

I just love your blog - your work is always simply beautiful. I left you a little award on my blog - thanks for the inspiration!

http://www.stampingrules.com

Joyce said...

So sorry to hear that you are still sick. Hope you are better soon. Your card is fabby--better than I could do on a healthy day for sure. I love your idea of the challenge, and will try to participate, as time permits.

Smilie girl said...

Get better soon!
Love the card.

Smilie girl said...

'cept it's not a card. Sorry. Still loved all the bird and their houses.

Anonymous said...

Love your take on that fabulous pin. Hope you feel better real soon! I would love to play, cross my fingers I find the time... I'm on holidays and nowhere near my crafty stuff... and I'm totally feeling it.

Dawn T said...

stunning... I'm pinning your frame onto my board Gayatri. It's wonderful

Jodene said...

Wow!!! I think I have to order these dies just so I can CASE this!! I love it!