Thursday, March 22, 2012

Inspired by Pinterest


Here is my first "Inspired by Pinterest" fun challenge. I have been doing this myself for sometime and in my last post I asked if you would like to join me making a project of your own using the inspirational picture I pick. I received a great response and I am very happy to get it started today :)
It is just for fun and I will glad if you join me :)
Today's inspirational picture is:


I love the shaded bright butterflies on white background. I think I have plenty of butterfly stamps and wanted to give this a try.
 What a beautiful card it will make? 
Here is my card inspired by the picture above :)

Butterfly card


Supplies:
Cardstock: Stampers Select White from PTI
Stamp set: Beautiful Butterflies and Pretty Peonies from PTI
Inks: Melon Mambo and Basic Black from SU
Accessories: Corner Chomper

I used rock and roll technique on my card. Inked the butterflies first on Melon Mambo and then rocked the edges with black ink and stamped.  Love the impact it gives on the butterflies :)

If you like to participate in the fun then, please link your project below :)



Happy crafting and see you soon:)

 
Pin It

15 comments:

Jen W. said...

Gorgeous! Love your rock and roll inking!

June K said...

What a beautiful card, Gayatri. I like the rock and roll technique you used, too.

cassie said...

wow - you really recreated the shirt perfectly!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous butterflies!

Beverley said...

WOW! Your card is stunning! I love the rock n roll technique it's so much fun! I love the sentiment on the banner & the white on white CAS style. Simply lovely. Will be joining in on the fun! Hugs Bev x

Elena said...

Wowee! What a beautiful card!!! I'm gonna have to case this one for sure!

Isha Gupta said...

Gorgeous creation Gayatri. Love it. Hope I will play along.

Anonymous said...

Love your card more than the shirt! It's fantastic Gayatri! Hope to find time to join the fun.

Marion said...

What a fun idea and such a beautiful card as well!! Awesome.

jintyoo7 said...

Beautiful, Gayatri - hope to play along this weekend :)

Jackie Rockwell said...

I'm so glad I found your, "just for fun" challenge Gayatri! Your card is wonderful—the butterflies are stunning!

Nadine said...

I saw your card pinned on pinterest and had to come over and say what a fabulous job! Such a stunning card! Now Im chuckling because your post is Inspired by Pinterest, lol! Im gonna try and join in, you've definitely inspired me!

Helen Berry said...

This is so beautiful - WOW :)

kingstonmama said...

Your card is gorgeous! I love those butterflies rock and rolled in black. They are so striking! Thanks for the inspiration. Ann Y.

N@ Ali said...

stunning!