Wednesday, May 21, 2014

A bright and bold thinking of you shaker card.....


Hey everybody,

Sharing with you a shaker card today. I have used the Wplus9 Bird and Branches Frame die on my card. I first sponged distress inks on white cardstock. Then die cut the frame, added clear cardstock, added foam adhesives around the edges, added the most gorgeous sequins from Pretty Pink Posh inside before sealing the frame to the card front. I also die cut the birds using the sponged card stock and adhered to the card front. For the sentiment I have used wood veneer speech bubble. Stamping on wood veneer is tricky because ink bleed into the grains. So I brushed a thin layer of gesso. Once dry the surface becomes non porous as gesso is a primer. Stamping on gesso treated wood veneer give clean and crisp image. No bleeding at all. Here is my card.

Thinking of you card

The sequins I have used in my shaker box are from Pretty Pink Posh. Here are the colour.

  

  
           

Click on the image to take you to the shop.

Thanks for stopping by!

My blog signature

4 comments:

PJ said...

This card is GREAT!!

Jen W. said...

Gorgeous bright colours, Gayatri! I love it!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Great card - thank for the tip with the Gesso - I have to remember that...

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty Gayatri. Love the vibrant colors.