Thursday, May 1, 2014

CAS(E) this sketch #74

This is my third post for today. If you looking for the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge post, CLICK HERE! If you are looking for my exciting news announcement post, CLICK HERE!

Hey everybody,

Me again today. I have a brand new sketch for you from CAS(E) this Sketch challenge Blog. This sketch is designed by Chrissy Larson


Great sketch! I was stumped with the wavy element. Initially I wanted to do a free hand sketch and stamp inside it but my free hand was too free and did not turn out as I expected. So I took a different approach and made this card.

Happy Birthday wishes card

I used MFT Ornament die to die cut the curved edge on my masking sheet. I adhered the die cut masking sheet on the top and bottom leaving the gap for me to sponge the distress inks. I have used Spiced marmalade, Worn Lipstick and Picked Raspberry distress inks. Then I stamped the flowers and leaves from Spring Blooms stamp set from Wplus9 using Versafine black ink. I then removed the masking sheet from the card front to stamp the sentiment. I wanted the sentiment to hang over the white space. The sentiment is from Whole Lotta' Happy stamp set. Finally accented with sequins from Pretty Pink Posh. This is pretty much a one layer card. LOVE how it turned out.

Check out CAS(E) this Sketch Challenge Blog. We have a new designer in our team. Yay!
 And there are a variety of take on this sketch. You will also find the linky to link up your project.

Thanks for stopping by!

My blog signature

8 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

BEAUTIFUL, love the coloring and what a great take on the sketch!

Kara said...

COOL!

Donna Cala said...

WOW!!! Spectacular!

Hannelie said...

wow! So striking and vibrant!

Leigh Penner said...

I love this, Gayatri! Gorgeous take on the sketch!

Marlena M. said...

You seriously made me catch my breath with this beauty Gayatri!

Tracey McNeely said...

This is so fantastic Gayatri! Wow what a show stopper!

Kim S said...

Truly amazing! I love it right down to the look of that open sentiment that so beautifully picks up the colors!