Thursday, May 8, 2014

CAS(E) this Sketch #75

Hello everybody, This is my second post for today. HERE is my first.

Welcome back to a new sketch from CAS(E) this sketch Challenge Blog
This new sketch is my N@ Ali


Here is my take on the sketch.

Thank you card

I have used this sketch a little different. Instead of using a tag or banner I wanted to use a different element. So I went for the Palm Die from Hero Arts as my choice. I sponged some distress inks on a cardstock before I die cut the Palm leaves. I then stamped a cardstock panel with woodgrain stamp from MFT which I then distressed on the edges and mounted on the card base. I then glued the palm leaves die as per the sketch. The sentiment is stamped on a strip of card stock and added to the top right corner of the card front. Finally accented with the gorgeous Onyx 6mm sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.

Check out CAS(E) this Sketch Blog for more design team and guest designer inspiration. 
Come and play along the sketch with us.

My blog signature

5 comments:

Dawn T said...

Like how you used the different element on the corner of the card Gayatri. Shows how it's fun to interpret a sketch.

Kim S said...

Gorgeous use of the palm! I love the brilliant color against the neutral woodgrain!

Leigh Penner said...

This is fabulous, Gayatri! Fantastic take on the sketch!

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty! Love your take on the sketch... the sponged colors look amazing!

Bethany Stellpflug said...

super stunning Gayatri! I love how the gray woodgrain backround really makes the leaves pop!