Sunday, May 11, 2014

Watercolouring a stamped image.

Welcome back. This is my second post for today. Here is my first post sharing my exciting news.


I have always admired Sanketi's cards. She does the most amazing watercolour painted cards. So when I saw she was one of the teachers at the Online Card Class - Watercolour for card makers, I immediately signed up :) I love all the teachers but I really wanted to see Swarup aka Sanketi's video and how she does her colouring. And also wanted to try it out myself. So I did. Here is my card.

For you Mom

When I first started to do this card, I was so skeptical. Took me two days to make a start. Then once I started, there were so many interruptions and I was getting nowhere. It was a mess. Epic fail! I posted a sneak peek on my Facebook and got a boost of confidence from my dear craft friends. Thank you ladies. I came back after sometime to look at it. I felt I can bring it back to life. So I worked it a bit more until I was happy with it. Then my hubby came and really loved it. Yay!  So what do you think? Like? Dislike?

I have used Bloomin' Aussie Florals from Flourishes on my card. The sentiment is from Strictly Sentiment #4 from Wplus9. 

Thanks for stopping by!

My blog signature

33 comments:

Doris W. said...

Wow........this is gorgeous! Well done! You really captured her style.

maria f. said...

Trying to watercolor an image and make it look good/real is not as easy as it seems. I think you did well. I really like the effect you achieved on the berries and the vibrancy of the leaves.

Kara said...

I think you did a beautiful job!!

Scrapthat said...

It turned out GORGEOUS!! I had fun making this one also! :D

WickedPixie said...

I think it is stunning!! I felt the same way, both about looking forward to trying Sanketi's style and the skepticism while trying it. You have made a beautiful card, though!

WickedPixie said...

I think it is stunning!! I felt the same way, both about looking forward to trying Sanketi's style and the skepticism while trying it. You have made a beautiful card, though!

cissi said...

I just love how it turned out, stunning. Going to try and make one myself, wish me good luck:)

Vicki Dutcher said...

You ROCKED this out! Absolutely stunning~

Sindhu said...

This one is breathtakingly beautiful! Sanketi will be proud of you! :)

Harriet Skelly said...

Wow this is absolutely gorgeous!

conil said...

Amazing work.,,you're incredibly talented. Wonderful image, masterfully colored.

Miriam Prantner said...

You totally nailed it!

Daksha Popat said...

Yes... you totally nailed it....u inspired me to try...let see ....want to try...

Tenia Nelson said...

WOW!!! Gorgeous!!

Linda said...

So beautiful.

Michelle said...

I think you have mastered watercolour! This is stunning! So, so beautiful!

Gerda said...

I have admired many of your cards and this, again, is outstanding. Love love love it!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Holy Moly! I came over to say congrats for another wonderful DT position!!! Then I saw the beauty! Totally amazing! Is there anything you can't do?!!!

Ellen Bornstein said...

Wow, spectacular card! I just love it and I really have to work on that technique.

Unknown said...

So glad you stuck with it! It turned out stunningly....I'd frame it!

Erum Tasneem said...

Beautiful!!!!!

Dawn T said...

I LIKE! You really finished it off beautifully with the extra colouring which has given great depth.

Cris G. said...

I like the result, vibrant and beautiful! Watercolor painting is not easy at all, it takes a lot of practice to achieve a good expression (more than perfection, I think)... I believe that you did a great job here.

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous card!!!

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous card!!!

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous card!!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! I love the vibrate colors!

Petti said...

This is too pretty! Great job!

Sanketi said...

Love it Gayatri!

Maria said...

Gorgeous...love it!!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Beautiful card Gayatri. Love how it turned out. The blending, the shading... just perfect... looking forward to more of your watercolor creations!

Libby Hickson said...

This is stunningly beautiful!! So glad you kept at it. :)

Kittie said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!