Monday, May 19, 2014

Celebrate this day - watercolour technique card


Hey everybody,
Sharing with you a card I made trying out freehand watercolour painting.



To be honest I did trace over the stamped image on vellum on to the cardstock to use as a guide. The stamped image is from Clearly Besotted stamp set called Happy Everything. The sentiment is from the new Super Script stamp set from Altenew. Here is my card.


Celebrate this day!


I tried my best to get some depth and shading on the flowers. Darn! it is hard because it is time consuming. I am not such a patient person. That is why my style is clean and simple :)  I think I like defined edges better than the softer blended edges of the image. So I stamped the image in Antique Linen distress ink after I finished my watercolouring and blended the edges a bit. I colour washed the background with blue. I finally added some shimmer with Wink of Stella pen.  

I am not completely happy with the result. When I look at it it looks out of focus. Not just in the photo above but also in real.I don't know why it is happening?  Hey! I can now say I tried freehand watercolour technique - something out of my comfort zone lol!

Thanks for stopping by!
My blog signature

5 comments:

Dawn T said...

I really like the look you achieved Gayatri.

Mary-Anne V said...

I really like how this turned out...the card is so vibrant. You should try this again...it looks great.

WickedPixie said...

I think it is really pretty!! I especially love the way you painted the leaves! They seem to glow with sunlight! :) Traci

New Creations said...

Hi Gayatri

They say that practice makes a man perfect. I think you did a pretty good job at attempting the freehand watercolouring technique.

Radhika said...

so pretty :)