Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Two techniques in one card!


A quick post sharing a card I made using two techniques - watercolouring using distress inks and inlayed die cut technique. This is the card.

Hello watercolour card

I have used watercolour paper and die cut the landscape using the die from My Favorite Things. I then did wet on wet technique watercolouring to just dribble colour on the building. I let the colour dry. I then worked on the grass using water colouring. I then diecut the sun using the die from My Favorite Things. The centre of the sun I die cut using the flower center dies from Gerbera Daisy also from MFT. Love the texture on the centre. I watercoloured the sun and centre using distress inks. I watercoloured the sky too.  Once dry, I assembled the diecut and pieces on the card front. Then stamped the sentiment from Winnie and Walter's  The Big, The Bold and The Happy stamp set. The polka dot paper is added for contrast.

Edited: I just saw that Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge is DIE CRAZY! So I am submitting this card for the challenge :)

Thanks for stopping by!
My blog signature

6 comments:

Jasleen Kaur said...

Absolutely love this card. Beautiful.

Mary-Anne V said...

That looks awesome...love the skyline.

Deepti said...

Beautiful scene !!

Nora Noll said...

Wow!! I love the inlayed die cutting technique. You rocked it with the watercoloring. Stunning card!!

The Colour Press said...

Such a happy card :) I saw ur invite for a conv on hangout but isn't working on my iPhone. Can u mail me instead pl.

debby4000 said...

Oh what a fabulous card, great techinique.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.

luv

Debby