Thursday, May 1, 2014

Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge - Pink & Pretty


This is my second post for today. I made a special announcement on my first post.Check it out HERE

Hello and welcome to the new Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge.
This new challenge is called Pink and Pretty! 
Here is your inspirational picture for the challenge.

 photo source: 100layercake.com

We have a fabulous new sponsor, Pretty Pink Posh, for the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge: Pink & Pretty!  The LEAD of this challenge will receive a gift certificate to the Pretty Pink Posh Shop!


I love Pretty Pink Posh's products especially the sequins. I have them all and new Paulina brings out new colours regularly. However, for my card I have used the gold and silver heart confetti sequins. Here is my take on the challenge.

Hello card_edited-1

I love gold and pinks from the inspirational picture. The striped table cloth inspired me with those confetti sequins in the cups. So I stamped the background on my card using brush stroke stamp from PTI's Watercolour Wonder stamp set in various shades of pink and then gold as well. I then scattered and glued the silver and gold heart confetti from Pretty Pink Posh on the card front. Then stamped, cut and layered the scribbled image from Circle scribbled stamp set also from PTI . Finally I die cut the Hello die also from PTI from gold foil paper and three from normal white cardstock. I then glued them over each other to get a thick steady die cut of Hello. I then glued it over the layered scribbled circles. I added some thread between the layers to give some texture and interest.

Want to see more inspirations from Curtain Call Designers and guest designer? Here is the list for you. You are sure in for some pretty pink treat :)

Pink & Pretty Designers

Leigh Penner, Guest Designer

My blog signature

9 comments:

Kristie Goulet said...

Stunning card, Gayatri!

Tenia Nelson said...

Gorgeous!! :)

~amy~ said...

This is gorgeous! Love the swipes of color!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Sweet card Gayatri. Love the sequins and the colors... the gold word looks amazing in the 'sptolight'.

Stacey Schafer said...

STUNNING, Gayatri!

Marisa said...

So, so fun!! Love the stripes, squiggle circles and scatter of hearts. fabulously done!

Lesley said...

Wow, love the bold colours and awesome design!!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful, love the gold!

Greta said...

Very cool!