Friday, May 16, 2014

Feel Better Soon


Sharing my third card as guest designer for i {heart} papers.


i {heart} papers


While I am in a mood for watercolouring, I made a card with watercoloured background and silhouette images. Here is my card.

Feel Better Soon

I have used watercolour paper and used distress inks to watercolour background. I did wet on wet technique which is basically sprayed my watercolour paper with water first then added Distress inks using watercolour brush and let them blend. I have used  Seedless Preserve, Picked Raspberry, Worn Lipstick and Festive Berries distress inks. You can use Distress Markers to do the same as well. After the first layer dries a little, I brushed these inks again using wet brush to get some layers. Once dry, I trimmed the watercolour paper. I then stamped the images from Botanicals 2 stamp set from Paper Smooches using black Memento ink. I also stamped the sentiment from Healthy Vibes stamp set also from Paper Smooches.  I then realised that something is not quite right if I place the watercolour panel on the card front. So I trimmed a 1/4" off and mounted using foam adhesives to the card front. I then added a black polka dot pattern paper from Kraft in Color - Color 6 x 6 paper pad. Finally added some white enamel dots to finish off my card.

I really love the layered watercolour with silhouette images. Here are the products I have used on my card. You can get them all at i {heart} paper shop. Click on the images to take you to the shop.

Kraft In Color - Color 6x6 paper pad      Botanicals 2          Healthy Vibes (Kismet collection) 
Memento Ink PadsTim Holtz Distress Markers *2013 NEW COLORS* - set of 12 Necessities Adhesive Dots - Black and Gray 



 Have a great day!

My blog signature

4 comments:

Dawn T said...

the silhouette look of the black on the pinks is quite stunning Gayatri. A simply delightful card.

Alanna said...

This is so striking -- well done.

Tracey McNeely said...

Gorgeous!

Bethany Stellpflug said...

ombre love! :D