Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Birthday Card....


Hello everybody,
Sharing a birthday card I made this morning. Laura Bassen made a video using the Hero Art Triangle die some time ago. It was so cool and trendy. She used blues and random gold triangles. I had the die on back order from Simon Says Stamp. It arrived just a week ago. Finally found the time today to play with the die. Here is my card.

Birthday card

The colour inspiration for this card came from this cushion.

Tropical Triangles Cushion
(Source Credit)

I used red instead of the pink because I was colour blind when I looked at it while making the card lol! I saw  red. lol! But red still works, right? Love the blues, a dash of white and pop of colours using yellow and red. So beautiful. The sentiment is also from Hero Arts one of the older sets.
This card is something I made just for fun without any deadlines or for a challenge. I really enjoyed the process. Well, I actually started to make a card for a sketch but saw this die sitting on my desk and started diecutting and make this card instead. Hopefully tomorrow I will finish the other card :)

Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

Mary-Anne V said...

Looks awesome with all those little triangles!

Bethany Stellpflug said...

love it! The thread behind the sentiment panel is a great touch!