Thursday, February 20, 2014

CAS(E) this Sketch #64


Hello everybody,

It is Thursday. Thursday brings new sketch from CAS(E) this Sketch Challenge Blog.
This new sketch is by Sam Simpson.


Here is my take on the sketch.

Best Day Ever

I went for a bright card using Distress Inks and stamp sets and dies from My Favorite Things. On the watercolour paper, I sponged the distress ink and then sprayed generously with water. Love how the coloured blended and love the watercolour look. Once dry, I stamped the Text background stamp from My Favorite Things using Grout Gray MFT Ink. But I have stamped the background at random places not evenly all over the card. I have also spattered some water. For the balloons I die cut the balloons using MFT dies then watercoloured the distress inks in layers making sure I dried the balloon between layers. I also spattered water and distress ink on it. Attached  strings to the balloons, I have adhered them using foam adhesives. Finally stamped the sentiment on MFT banner die and foam mounted it. I have accented the card front using the clear sparkly sequins from Pretty Pink Posh. Love love this sequins. My favourite so far.

Best Day Ever

Check out CAS(E) this Sketch Challenge Blog for more inspiration.
Thanks for stopping by!


7 comments:

Julia Aston said...

the waterspots look wonderful on this brightly inked card! Love the balloons!

Leigh Penner said...

This looks amazing, Gayatri! Fabulous take on this week's sketch!

Deepti said...

bright n amazing inking :) love it

Bethany Stellpflug said...

super bold and gorgeous! I love the sequins!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Love the bright colors! Great job with the inks! I gotta try it!!!

Betty said...

Love your colored balloons, Gayatri.

i'm with the band said...

Holy cow, this is AMAZING!