Monday, February 3, 2014

Hello!


I am happy! Both my children are back to school. We all had enough of holidays and were getting bored last two weeks. Now we are back to our routine. Yay!

Sharing a card today I made using Simon Says Stamp's Whimsical Flowers Stamp and Dies.

Hello card

I used the grey diagonal striped pattern paper from the January Card Kit on the background. Then diecut the flowers using watercolour paper. Then squished some diluted Mustard Seed and Picked Raspberry Distress Ink in layers on the flowers. Once dry, I stamped the outline of the flower. The leaves are diecut using woodgrain cardstock and squished diluted Mowed Lawn Distress Ink. That gives some texture as well. Layered the flowers and leaves and added some gold glitter dots at the centre. I added some bunched up thread before adhering the flower. The sentiment is from Lil Inker's Designs The gold glitter dots are from Pebbles. Here is a closeup of the flower.

Hello card close up


I had some fillers done to my teeth this morning. The anesthetics are wearing off as I am typing now. Getting sensitive and pain. Not liking it. So I better hop off now and get some pain relief.

Thanks for stopping by!

Blog-Siggy-in-gold

9 comments:

Lea Lawson said...

Pretty! Love those gold dots!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Gorgeous vivid color against that lovely striped gray -- awesome card

jintyoo7 said...

brilliant, gayatri - love the combination of the bold and bright flower with the delicate striped paper. Hope the pain isn't too troubling :)

Sheri Gilson said...

Gorgeous! Live the fabulous CAS design with a touch of sparkle!

Bethany Stellpflug said...

loving how the striped backround really finishes off the whole card!

debby4000 said...

Love your fabulous card, brilliant striking flower.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.

luv

Debby

Lindsey said...

This one is stunning as well!

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty Gayatri. Love those flowers and the rich colors on them.

Chrissy Larson said...

OMG OMG!!! That flower...I need it. WOW WOW!