Thursday, February 13, 2014

CAS(E) this Sketch #64



Second post for today. Here is my first post.

It is Thursday and that means we have a new sketch for you at CAS(E) this Sketch Challenge Blog. This new sketch is by N@ Ali. Here is the sketch for you.


Here is my take on the sketch.

Rainbow and Unicorn card

I am in love with this card. I love the colours. Rainbow and unicorn makes it magical :) When my daughter was about 5 years old, she LOVED purple colour a lot. We asked her what colour makes a chess board? She replied purple and white! We corrected her to Black and White. She was not happy with it. She said, "Well my chess board is purple and white"  A lot of these memories came back to me while working on the purple cards. lol! I showed it to my daughter when she came back from school and she loved it (still likes purple colour wink!). She wants to keep it for herself but framed. It will no longer be a card. I will trim the card front and frame it. Will share it once I get the right frame for it and get it all done. 

After watching Jennifer McGuire's videos on inlaying the diecuts, I wanted to try it. The rainbow is diecut on the white panel, then coloured using copics. I have added adhesive sheet behind the negative card panel and embeded the coloured rainbow back in place. To add some stardust, I coloured the rainbow with Wink of Stella shimmer. The unicorn is from Critters Ever After Lawn Fawn which I coloured and fuzzy cut out. It is mounted using foam adhesives. The same stamp set has the stars which I have stamped and coloured with copics. I stamped the sentiment on a strips of white cardstock which is cut at a diagonal. Adhered them using foam adhesives as well. Finally added some Diamond Stickles glitter glue blobs randomly.
Here is a close up!

Rainbow and Unicorn card

Hope you like my magical card.
Check out CAS(E) this Sketch Challenge Blog for more design team and guest design team projects using this sketch. Come and play along the sketch.


9 comments:

GrĂ¡ O'Neill said...

Fabulous card, you're right to love it! Love the rainbow glitter :)

~amy~ said...

Rainbows and Unicorns...LOVE them.

Michelle said...

Congratulations on showing up on Taheerah's #FF feature! Everything she said is a PERFECT description of your work. :-) I see every card you make, but I am finding it hard to keep up with commenting, so I don't always tell you. Pink rainbows and unicorns - my girls would ADORE this card, and I can't believe I never thought of making a rainbow in these colours. This is why I visit your blog - new ideas that I would never think of myself! :-)

Chrissy Larson said...

So sparkly and pretty! Love it!

Barb Ghig said...

Absolutely stunning card! I love all the sparkle and how you used the inlaid technique for your rainbow...I think it's perfect to be framed for your daughter, too!

Leigh Penner said...

So beautiful and super sweet! Fabulous take on the sketch!

Papercrafting With Angelina said...

Great job on this card. Really love the way you did the rainbow! ~Angelina

Amie Kiger (Kigz) said...

So very pretty! The colors are wonderful together with the unicorn! :)

Petti said...

Such a cute card you have! This makes me want to get the rainbow die!