Thursday, February 6, 2014

CAS(E) this Sketch #63

Second post for today. Here is my first post if you like to see it.

Bringing to you a brand new sketch from CAS(E) this Sketch Challenge Blog.
This sketch is by the gorgeous Joni Andaya.


I really like it when I see sketches like this one where it is open to interpretation. You can do so many techniques on the background, so many dies to choose from for the focal image and do so many techniques on the diecut.... So I got a bit creative with the new Transformable Die-namics from MFT and stencil. But first here is my card. 

Happy Birthday card

I have channelised my inner Joni here. I sponged Worn Lipstick on the top half of the card front. And used Heidi Swapp Confetti stencil and sponged Picked Raspberry. Already looking awesome. for the flower focal image, I used Rose Transformable Die-namics from MFT. The background of the rose is from Crate Paper by Maggie Holmes. The outline of the rose is textured white card stock. I have added shimmer to the rose and leaves cluster using Wink of Stella pen. For the sentiment I heat embossed the sentiment using Zing Glitter Gold embossing powder. Finally I have added some metallic green sequins.
This shot from the top shows the shimmer and gold glitter.

Happy Birthday Card

This is still CAS and yet added a few techniques, texture, shimmer and bling :)  So happy with the result.
Check out CAS(E) this Sketch Challenge Blog for more DT and GDT project using this gorgeous sketch.


8 comments:

New Creations said...

Totally adorable!!! Your colouring skill is awesome!! The shimmer you added to the rose is just stunning:). I love your technique and style.
Vinita

Barb Ghig said...

Your flower and leaves are so pretty! Beautiful inking and blending and I love your gold sentiment, too! Such a stunning card!

Dawn T said...

stunning Gayatri. Love the glimmer of the flower.

Leigh Penner said...

Gorgeous card, Gayatri! Fabulous take on the sketch!

Chrissy Larson said...

Love what you did with the inking and that flower...WOW! You guys are making me wish I was a little more artsy in my cards but I'll leave that to you! ;)

Debbie Carriere said...

Love, love, love that sponged & stenciled background!!! Gorgeous card!

Jodi Collins said...

Oh my. This is INCREDIBLE! LOVE the sparkle and shine. Just stunning!

Jen W. said...

Wowsers that rose is gorgeous! And I love that you only inked the top half of the card!