Saturday, February 1, 2014

Cuppa Cocoa - New Curtain Call Challenge.

February first already! The first month of the new year flew by fast, real fast. Unbelievable! I am still orienting myself to the new year and rethinking as to what my goal is for this year with regards to crafting. And I have lost one month of year :( Anyway, better get working fast.

Today we have a brand new challenge from Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge.

photo credit: aerie by American Eagle

Who does not like chocolates, right? I love a freshly made hot chocolate from chocolate rather than the sweet powder from the tin. And marshmallows in hot chocolate, I am in heaven. So that is the inspirational challenge we have today.

We have a fabulous new sponsor, My Favorite Things, for the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge: Cuppa Cocoa challenge!  The LEAD of this challenge will receive a $20 gift certificate to use at My Favorite Things!


Needless to say, My Favorite Things is one of my favorite company. Love love their products especially their dies and stencils and cardstocks. Not to mention their stamp sets. I have decided to use two of their stamp sets on my card today. But first here is my card for you.

Chocolate love card

I used the new MPD Distressed Hearts stamp set and Chocolate Sentiment stamp set on my card. Both are from MFT.  I choose the colours from the inspirational picture of the challenge. Clearly went for a graphic card. The hot chocolate tumbler is from Lil' Inker's Designs. I love the angle on the card with all the spatter of hot chocolates and the cool sentiment. A masculine card I would say. Here is a closeup.

Chocolate love card closeup

I have added some glossy accent on the heart there, some texture using felt as the tumbler holder as well as the chocolate itself. Pretty happy with the result. 

You won't want to miss what our special guests and crew have whipped up for Cuppa Cocoa!

Cuppa Cocoa Designers

Blog-Siggy-in-gold

14 comments:

Kara said...

awesome..love it!!

~amy~ said...

I LOVE this!

Lynn said...

So fun Gayatri...I love it!

Tenia Nelson said...

LURVE LURVE LURVE!!!!

Marisa said...

Such a fun card!! Love the splats, rings and darling hearts. Great card.

Monika/Buzsy said...

What an awesome card Gayatri. Love the cup and the yummy stains! The touch of blue looks great.

Stacey Schafer said...

WOW! I want a cuppa THAT! way to rock the MFT and our challenge today, Gayatri!

Tracey McNeely said...

An awesome take on Cuppa Cocoa Gayatri! Love the grunge.

Bethany Stellpflug said...

I think you are becoming one of the most amazing and inspiring card makers! Your stuff is just stunning and so creative! I LOVE this! :)

Unknown said...

love this! a cool, fun and perfect take on the inspiration. the turquoise hearts are just fabulous!

Lea Lawson said...

What a fun design! LOVE the stamping!

Sheri Gilson said...

Awesome card, Gayatri! Love the stamps and fab design!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Oh my goodness! This is fabulous!!!

Laura Davis said...

Awesome, your work is stunning!
Laura