Tuesday, February 18, 2014

The Cure for Monday Blues Challenge #5


Hello everybody,

I had a sudden burst of idea this morning after I saw Taheerah's frame it picture for The Cure for Monday Blue Challenge #5. This is the inspirational picture.


I just loved everything about this picture especially the frames and colours. But for a card, working on a smaller area, doing so many frames is just not possible unless I have a pattern paper with frames. And I don't have one such pattern paper. Then I looked at the individual element, I liked the jars on the table, I loved the wood veneer frames, the colourful triangular thingies....  There is so many of them to get inspired by. I am inspired by the flowers and vase framed by the wood veneer frame. So here is my card.

Love card

Here is a shot of the card from above which shows some diemension,

Love card

And this shot shows some shimmer on the sentiment die cut.

Love card close up!

I love how this card turned out.

Thanks for stopping by!


13 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

Beautiful! Love the color combination!

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful card, love all the dimension and the colours!

Betty said...

such a lovely card - the colors and design are wonderful!

cm said...

Beautiful card! I quite enjoyed reading about how you selected key details from the photo to focus on for your card!
c

maria f. said...

Oh those colors! And I love your cards over at Crafter's Library today too!

Tenia Nelson said...

LURVE!!!!!!

Taheerah said...

This is just awesome Gayatri!! You're right - we're almost spoilt for choice with this inspiration image - so much to be inspired by!! I love how you focused on the flower image and the dimension you created is amazing, and all with your signature eye for colour too! Thanks so much for playing to Cure The Monday Blues!

Dawn T said...

Beautiful Gayatri. It is a real work of art.

lostinpaper said...

Another really amazing card Gayatri, you are an inspiration!

jintyoo7 said...

WOW!!! Beautiful photograph too :)

Lea Lawson said...

This is beautiful!! I love the bold colors, & the shimmery sentiment!

Laura Davis said...

Oooohhh this is beautiful!
Laura

My Paper Epiphany said...

Stunning and classic!